Start Your Career
Associate Research Analyst
Position: Associate Research Analyst, Consumer & New Technology Research
Location: IDC Canada, 33 Yonge Street, Suite 902, Toronto, ON
Type: Full-time, Starting January 2020
Apply Online Now!
Are you interested in the fast-changing business of Information and Communications Technology? Would you like be part of a team that works with the all the leading industry players?
IDC Canada is seeking an Associate Research Analyst to support consumer and new technology research in Canada. The ideal candidate will have strong research skills, knowledge of the technology market, preferably an interest or knowledge in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) markets, is comfortable managing large data sets and models, and will have strong presentation and writing skills.
This role has two main objectives:
- Primary research in support of the AR/VR Tracker, which includes market sizing of the industry in Canada and forecasting.
- Primary research in support of the Canadian Mobile Consumer & Connected Life Program, which includes preparing presentations and analyzing consumer research data.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and maintaining forecasting and segmentation models for analyzing both the consumer services and AR/VR device markets
- Track vendor market revenues and share as well as develop vendor relationships
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all program deliverables
- Assisting with the presentation of insight to clients
- Writing documents on connected consumer trends in Canada to be published on idc.com
- Assist in the development of survey questions to be asked to consumers and businesses in Canada
- Assist with other ongoing research projects/programs, as needed
- Undergraduate degree (Business, Math, or statistics preferred). Graduate degree preferred.
- IT Research and/or consulting background preferred.
- Industry Knowledge: Proficient understanding of Information Technology with the ability to stay current on new industry developments.
- Strong Excel Skills - ability to design, develop and maintain large Excel models for forecasting, and other calculations, etc. A significant amount of time will be spent working in excel and other proprietary databases.
- Writing Skills: Ability to construct a logical, well-thought out and well-written document.
- Oral communication skills: Ability to clearly communicate in a professional manner with senior level executive, create PowerPoint presentations, and present insights in a convincing and confident manner.
- Strong project management skills: Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and keep projects on schedule by engaging with other analysts at IDC. As a global company, the candidate may be required to work with other IDC analyst from around the world in different time zones to complete projects.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to develop relationships with other analysts, clients and prospects across OEMs, CSPs, distributors, retailers, and other end users in the industry.
- Attributes of a successful candidate: self-motivated, very detail oriented, proactive, collaborative and analytical.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other web-based systems is an asset. Knowledge of the Canadian Information, Communications & technology (ICT) industry, including industry terminology is ideal.
IDC Canada is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company's policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. Applicants must have a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN) card. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.