SaaS Path is IDC's premier SaaS-specific benchmarking survey, providing subscribers with demand-side guidance on the mind and journey of SaaS buyers, including a deep dive into 19 functional application markets: accounts payable, accounts receivable, digital commerce, enterprise asset management (EAM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), facility management, field service management, finance, core HR, payroll, talent management, procurement, professional services automation (PSA), customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM), subscription billing, tax, travel and expense (T&E), and treasury and risk.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- 19 functional application markets: accounts payable, accounts receivable, digital commerce, EAM, ERP, facility management, field service management, finance, core HR, payroll, talent management, procurement, PSA, CRM, SCM, subscription billing, tax, T&E, and treasury and risk
- Application adoption, deployment models, budget plans, and replacement cycle timing
- Purchasing preferences and attitudes toward SaaS buying channels, application migration strategy, drivers and inhibitors, and packaging and pricing options
- In-depth vendor reviews, ratings, spend, and advocacy scores for all 19 functional application markets
- SaaSPath: Worldwide Findings Banner Book
- SaaSPath: Additional 20+ Banner Books — Findings by App Category/Country/Region/Org Size
- SaaSPath: Executive Summary PPT Report
- SaaSPath: Vendor Ratings PPT Report
- SaaSPath: Additional Survey Spotlights on Key Findings
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What applications are organizations moving to SaaS? When? Where?
- Which vendors are organizations looking to for each SaaS application solution? How do organizations rate those vendors, and what evaluation criteria do they use to select them?
- How do SaaS buyers like to be sold to, and through what channels? What are their buying preferences, attitudes, fears, needs, and priorities? How do these things all vary by functional application market?
This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the SaaS market, including:
Acumatica, Adobe, Amazon, Amber Road, Amdocs, Aurea, Blue Yonder, Brainshark, Cincom Systems, Clari, Conversica, Dassault Systèmes, Dealertrack, Deltek, Drift, e2open, Epicor, FinancialForce, Genesys, Google, HighJump, Highspot, HubSpot, IBM, IFS, Infor, InsideSales, Intuit, Kinaxis, LinkedIn, Logility, Manhattan Associates, Microsoft, Oracle, Oracle NetSuite, Pegasystems, Plex Systems, Pipedrive, PROS Pricing Solutions, PTC, QAD, Sage, Sage Intacct, salesforce.com, SAP, SAP Ariba, SAP Concur, Seismic, ServiceNow, ServiceSource, Siemens, SugarCRM, SuperOffice, SupplyOn, SYSPRO, Tact.ai, TAKE Supply Chain, ToolsGroup, Unit4, Veeva Systems, Workday, Xactly, X.ai, Xero, Zilliant Inc., Zoho, and Zoho Ariba