IDC's Marketing and Promotional Applications research service will identify, analyze, and evaluate digitally transformative technologies that improve the entire omni-channel custom engagement journey. This program focuses on technologies that drive growth for "brands" including the marketing technologies supporting high-growth small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), the advertising technologies supporting enterprise expansion, and the overlaps, gaps, and extensions thereof.
Marketing and Promotional Applications
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
Despite challenges around personnel, budgets, and operational support, modern marketing teams must drive new and innovative digital initiatives to fuel organizational growth objectives. To support these aims, this program focuses on a wide range of marketing applications that empower marketers to improve the value of reach and awareness across the customer experience (CX) journey. These can include:
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the market size and forecast for marketing software solutions? Who are the market leaders and innovators?
- How are different subsegments (SMB martech, enterprise DSP, and walled garden ad platforms) enabling digital transformation?
- How are advertising technology, marketing technology, and other related CX functionalities evolving and overlapping, and where and the opportunities for innovation?
- What are the key competitive, cultural, and regulatory trends transforming high-growth marketing and promotions?
- What technologies can growth marketers and midmarket organizations use to better engage with customers across the entire journey/funnel?
- What are the implications (and opportunities) represented by data privacy, consent management, and regulatory environment changes?
- How can marketing and advertising teams leverage technology and creativity to deliver greater value to customers at every interaction?
- How should marketing and advertising teams leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning, and how can vendors best address this opportunity?
ACT-ON S.A.S., ActiveCampaign LLC, Adobe Systems Inc., Airship Group, Inc., Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., AppsFlyer, Braze, Inc., Constant Contact, Inc., Criteo S.A., EMARSYS eMarketing Systems AG, Epsilon Data Management LLC, Google LLC, HubSpot Inc., Iterable Inc., Klaviyo Inc., Mailchimp, Marketo, Inc., Meltwater Group, Meta Platforms Inc., Microsoft Corporation, MoEngage Inc., NextRoll Inc., Roku Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Sendinblue SAS, SugarCRM Inc., Teads Ltd., The Trade Desk Inc., Twilio, Inc., Upland Software, Inc., Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd., Zoom Information Inc.