As organizations wish to take advantage of emerging technologies to create competitive advantage, services providers are under pressure to expand their capabilities to take advantage of market demand. However, customers are also seeking new types of relationship with their service providers, based on agility, continuous innovation, and collaboration. IDC's European Services Overview service tracks new developments in the demand-side and supply-side services landscape and provides a qualitative and quantitative view of the European services landscape.
European Services Overview
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Project-oriented services: IT consulting, business consulting, systems integration, custom application development, network consulting and integration services
- Managed services: IT outsourcing, application management, network and endpoint outsourcing, hosted application management, hosting infrastructure services, and key horizontal BPO
- Support services: hardware deploy and support, software deploy and support, and IT education and training
- European countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the U.K.
- Current and future trends shaping services demand in Europe
- Competitive landscape of the European services market
- Industry demand drivers and trends
- End-user perceptions of services vendors
- Market sizing and growth rate
- Commentary of evolving customer needs
- Playbooks addressing the key actions required for service businesses to adapt to key changes in the market
- European Services Market Forecasts (updated bi-annually)
- Spending Priorities of European Organizations
- Investments in and Approaches to Digital Transformation
- Top 10 European IT Services Vendors: Competitive Analysis
- Top 30 European Services Vendors' Revenues and Market Shares
- The Buildout of Hyperscaler Services Capability
- Partnerships and Ecosystem analysis
- IDC Links and Market Notes covering major events and trends
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key actions services businesses must take to remain competitive?
- How should you prioritize your investment among emerging technologies?
- What is the demand for IT services and business services in Europe, and how will it grow over the next five years?
- What are the most important demand-side and supply-side trends and drivers in European services? How and why are they changing?
- How did the leading services companies perform in 2022?
- Which European services vendors currently have a competitive advantage, and why? What drives a competitive advantage?
- How do trends such as digital disruption, automation, and cloud impact demand, and how will they change the competitive landscape?
- How do services vendors need to change to adapt to the new digital realities?
- How do service vendors engage in ecosystems and what does it mean for their success?
Accenture plc, Atos SE, Bain & Company, Inc., BearingPoint Holding BV, CGI Group Inc., Canon Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Capita plc, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Computacenter PLC, DXC Technology Co., Dell Technologies Inc., Deloitte LLP, EVRY ASA, Ernst & Young Global Limited, Fujitsu Limited, HCL Technologies Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Infosys Limited, KPMG International, Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Reply S.p.A., Ricoh Company, Ltd., SAP SE, SapientRazorfish, Sharp Corporation, Sopra Steria Group, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tech Mahindra Limited, Tieto Corporation, Unisys Corporation, Wipro Limited, Xerox Corporation