The Digital Commerce subscription marketing intelligence service examines the competitive landscape, key trends, and differentiating factors of digital commerce, product information management (PIM), personalization, order management, and CPQ application vendors; digital marketplaces; and business commerce networks. This includes the buying behavior of end customers while purchasing products and services on digital channels. The service provides a worldwide perspective and looks at all forms of digital commerce transactions — including B2B, B2C, C2C, and B2B2C — across all vertical industries and regional markets.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Digital commerce applications that target businesses of all sizes and industries
- Best-of-breed digital commerce–adjacent applications in areas such as CPQ, payments and billing, order management, web content management, personalization, site search, fulfillment, product information management, and inventory management
- The growth trajectory of digital commerce and the forces driving that growth (e.g., sustainable commerce, D2C, and channel explosion)
- Enterprise partnership/integration strategies among digital commerce and marketing/content management vendors
- Experience management across channels (which includes content management, commerce platforms, integration, and advanced analytics) for B2B, B2C, and B2B2C
- Impact of cloud, social, mobile, and Big Data technologies on vendor strategies for employee, customer, supplier, partner, and asset engagement
- Proliferation of cloud-native software architectures in commerce
- Headless digital commerce
- Cognitive technologies and intelligent workflow impact on digital commerce applications
- Digital Commerce Applications Vendor Shares and Forecasts
- Digital Commerce Applications Vendor Competitive Analyses
- IDC MarketScapes: B2B Digital Commerce, B2C Digital Commerce, CPQ, PIM, Personalization, and SaaS Marketplaces
- Digital Marketplaces Research
- Report Series on Headless Commerce
- Opportunities in Intelligent Commerce
- Buyer Behavior and Journeys in Digital Commerce
- Buyer Trends in Digital Commerce and PIM
- Sustainable Digital Commerce
- The Future of Digital Commerce
- Innovative Technologies Impacting Commerce
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the growth potential of digital commerce vendors serving SMB, midmarket, and enterprise customers?
- How is digital commerce changing the way businesses and consumers buy and sell services, subscriptions, and physical goods?
- How are digital commerce vendors incorporating innovative technologies such as cloud, AI, and headless commerce into their product portfolios, and how much traction do these technologies have with prospects?
- What return on investment will businesses see by purchasing digital commerce applications?
- What are the main areas of friction along the buying journey for consumers and businesses buyers?
- What role does commerce play in customer experience?
- How are marketplaces changing the way products and services are bought and sold?
- How do digital commerce technologies interact across the ecosystem and functional areas?
2Checkout.com Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Adyen NV, Akeneo SAS, Algolia Inc., Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon.com Inc., Aria Systems Inc., BigCommerce, Inc., BloomReach, Inc., Blue Yonder Inc., Bluestone PIM, Bold Innovation Group Ltd., Bolt Technology OÜ, Channel Advisor, Checkout.com Group, Cincom Systems, Inc., CloudSense Ltd., Commerce Fabric Inc., Conga, Contentserv Group AG, Coupa Software, Inc., Digital River, Inc., Drupal Commerce, Dynamic Yield Ltd., Elastic NV, Elastic Path Software Inc., Emplifi Inc., FPX LLC, Feedonomics LLC, Google LLC, HCL Technologies Limited, IBM, Infor Inc., Informatica LLC, Inriver AB, Instacart Inc., Intershop Communications AG, Intuit Inc., JD.com, Inc., Kibo Software Inc., Manhattan Associates, Inc., MercadoLibre, Inc., Meta Platforms Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Mirakl SAS, Nacelle, Inc., Optimizely, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Oracle NetSuite, OrderDynamics Corporation, Oro Inc., PROS Inc., PayPal, Inc., Pimberly Software Development Limited, Pimcore GmbH, PrestaShop S.A., Price f(x) AG, Productsup Holding SE, Profitero Ltd., Radial Inc., Rakuten, Inc., Reaction Commerce, Inc., Riversand Technologies, Inc., SALES LAYER S.L., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Salsify Inc., Sana Commerce, Shopify Inc., Sitecore Corporation A/S, Skava, Softline AG, Spryker Systems GmbH, Stibo Systems A/S, Stripe Inc., Syndigo LLC, Tacton Systems AB, Threekit Inc., TrueCommerce, Inc., Unilog Content Solutions Pvt. Ltd., VTEX, Vendavo, Inc., Viamedici Software GmbH, Virto Commerce, Volusion, Inc., Winshuttle LLC, Wix.com Ltd., WooCommerce, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd., Zuora, Inc., censhare AG, cleverbridge AG, commercetools GmbH, eBay Inc., shopware AG
Meet the Experts
Research Director, Worldwide Digital Commerce
Group Vice-President, Enterprise Software