The Asia/Pacific DevOps, Developers and Platform Strategies service explores paradigm shifts in software applications, development platforms, and architectures. It examines modern software development and deployment trends, practices, challenges, and buying behaviors, ranging from DevOps, open source software, APIs, to application life-cycle management. It also provides a glimpse into developer attitudes and preferences for software development tools, languages, and programming models, with a focus on products and technologies that enable digital transformation and a movement to 3rd Platform technologies.
Asia/Pacific DevOps, Developers and Platform Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- DevOps adoption drivers, benefits, and use cases
- Analysis of DevOps tools and market leaders
- Evolving Approaches and Practices in DevOps
- Leadership and organisational strategy for DevOps
- DevOps' impact on transformation, internal processes and staffing resources
- Developer demographics, population, and product preferences
- API Lifecycle Management and Integration Strategies
- Low-code and model-driven application platforms
- Web application development tools and practices
- Customer base, adoption and use cases for key open source technology
- Cloud and server application platforms and environments
- Asia/Pacific DevOps Software Market Shares and Forecast
- Asia/Pacific DevOps MaturityScape
- Asia/Pacific DevOps Software PeerScape
- DevOps and Regulatory Compliance: Best Practices
- Integrating Security: Team Considerations, Best Practices
- Asia/Pacific Development Languages, Environments, and Tools Market Shares and Forecast
- Developer Demographics in Asia/Pacific
- Open Source Development Tools in Asia/Pacific
- Asia/Pacific Open Source Software PeerScape
- Asia/Pacific API Lifecycle Management PeerScape
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the primary DevOps adoption drivers, benefits, and use cases?
- What is the role of automation and open source in enabling effective DevOps operations and strategies?
- Which vendors are disrupting the status quo with DevOps innovation?
- What are the enterprise best practices for efficient and effective DevOps implementation and sustainability?
- What are the main developer ecosystems, and how does ecosystem affiliation affect technology choices?
- What are the architectural shifts taking place in application platforms, and how will they affect software development practices?
- What languages, tools, and methodologies are developers adopting to increase their productivity?
- What will next-generation developer tools and application deployments look like based on current developer trends?
- How is open source software used in enterprises and who are the key commercial vendors providing the technology?
Amazon Web Services Inc., Atlassian Pty Ltd., BMC Software, Inc., Chef Software, Inc., Cloud Foundry Inc., CloudBees, Inc., Docker, Inc., Dynatrace LLC, Electric Cloud, Inc., GitLab B.V., Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Microsoft Corporation, New Relic, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Perforce Software Inc., Pivotal Software, Inc., Puppet, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Riverbed Technology, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., The Apache Software Foundation, The Linux Foundation, VMware, Inc.