European CEOs and C-suites are increasingly utilizing digital capabilities to respond to business challenges and deliver key organizational priorities. According to IDC's CEO Survey (January 2023), technology is European CEOs' word of the year for 2023. But, with more companies digitally transforming, the pack leaders must adapt and innovate at an even faster pace to maintain their competitive advantage. In this new digital business era, the focus will be less on transforming the business and more on running a digital business. IDC's European Digital Business Strategies service looks at digital business strategies in Europe, providing insights into digital strategies and priorities, digital spending forecasts, tangible examples of exceptional digital leadership, vendors' strategies, and future trends. Business executives, product managers, and market intelligence and analyst relations professionals can use this information when looking to understand market trends, buying criteria, and the competitive landscape.
European Digital Business Strategies
Meet the Experts
Senior Research Analyst, European Research
European Digital Transformation Practice Lead, IDC
Senior Research Analyst, Emerging Technologies and Macroeconomics, IDC
Senior Research Analyst, European Vertical Markets and Digital Business
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Current and future trends shaping digital demand in Europe
- Digital business models and innovation opportunities
- Digital natives' segmentation, dynamics, tech-buying patterns, and go-to-market approaches
- Digital road maps, strategic priorities, and driving use cases
- C-suite dynamics, pain points, and business and tech priorities
- The digital business platform and key tech requirements
- The role of emerging technologies
- European digital regulations and policies radar
- KPIs and metrics to assess the impact of digital
- New organizational structures and work methods to drive innovation
- Clear and actionable examples of digital leaders
- Market sizing and forecasts
- Strategic Frameworks Driving Digital Business Model Innovation
- The Role of the CEO, CIO, and other C-level Executives and Functional Leads in Driving Change
- Assessing Success — KPIs, Metrics, and the Overall Value of Digital Investments
- Digital Maturity for Europe
- Digital Spending Forecast, 2022–2027
- Business and Investment Priorities
- Digital Native Business Start-Ups and Scale-Ups: Landscape and Priorities
- Emerging Technologies Radar
- Digital Regulations Radar
- Vendor Strategies and Positioning
- Various business and operation model transformation case studies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What new digital business models have emerged, and how are enterprises making them work?
- What are the levels of digital business maturity across industries?
- What are the largest and fastest growing digital use cases?
- How do digital natives' budgets for procure-and-deploy technology differ from those of other organizations?
- How can technology vendors develop messaging specifically for line-of-business executives?
- What are the digital priorities of CEOs, CIOs, and entire C-suites?
- How can IT suppliers use maturity assessments to position themselves and their services better?
- How can organizations drive value through emerging tech?
- How can technology vendors support customers in developing their digital business platforms?
- What are the main digital regulations impacting technology adoption in Europe?
- AKQA Inc.
- Accenture plc
- Adobe Systems Inc.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Atos SE
- Avanade Inc.
- Avaya Inc.
- BMC Software, Inc.
- BT Group plc
- BearingPoint Holding BV
- CGI Group Inc.
- Capgemini Services SAS
- Celonis SE
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation
- DXC Technology Co.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Deloitte LLP
- Ernst & Young Global Limited
- Fujitsu Limited
- Globant S.A.
- Google LLC
- HCL Technologies Limited
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- IDEO Inc.
- IFS AB
- IPsoft Incorporated
- Infosys Limited
- Intel Corporation
- KPMG International
- Microsoft Corporation
- Mitel LLC
- OpenText Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Oracle NetSuite
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Razorfish, LLC
- Red Hat, Inc.
- SAP SE
- SAS Institute Inc.
- Salesforce.com, Inc.
- ServiceNow, Inc.
- Sharp Corporation
- Sopra Group SA
- Symantec Corporation
- T-Systems International GmbH
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Tech Mahindra Limited
- Telefonica S.A.
- Teradata Corporation
- Tieto Corporation
- VMware, Inc.
- Vodafone Group Plc
- Wipro Limited
- Workday, Inc.
- Xerox Corporation
- frog design Inc.