Digital-enabled customer experience (CX) transformation is accelerating, driven by changes in consumer and business behavior and expectations. Transformation is now a universal and continuous requirement as businesses and public bodies deploy new technologies and work patterns to reinvent themselves as agile, fluid, and proactive organizations, anticipating and even creating their customers' and citizens' needs — not just reacting to them. Organizations must deliver great experiences as “table stakes,” not just to consumers and trading partners but increasingly to employees too. They must drive tech-enabled "empathy at scale" that delivers better experiences for customers, citizens, and employees, while simultaneously delivering on brand promises and driving sustainable business outcomes for the organizations themselves. To meet that challenge, CX service providers help their CXO clients to understand how next-generation technologies and more agile and customer-centric ways of working can help them to compete better across the marketing and customer experience life cycle. IDC's Customer Experience Services research analyzes the imperatives that drive adoption of CX-related technologies; offers insight and advice to help corporate executives envision, validate, mobilize, and execute CX strategies; and provides market opportunity advice to professional services firms and digital agencies in the CX and marketing space.
Customer Experience Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Customer experience transformation
- Marketing transformation
- Experience design services
- Experience build services
- CX-related cloud professional services
- Experience platform management
- Commerce–related professional services
- CX Services Trends and Futures
- Buyer Priorities and Trends in CX-Related Services
- IDC MarketScapes: Experience Design Services (2023), Experience Build Services (2023), and Adobe Experience Cloud Professional Services (2024)
- CX Services Vendor Market Shares
- CX Services Market Forecasts
- Market Analysis Perspective
- Quarterly Market Updates, Customized to IDC Clients
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Where are buyers heading next in the CX services space? How and why are their needs changing? How did the pandemic change the landscape?
- What characteristics do end clients (buyers) value the most and the least in CX services?
- What will define success and failure for CX services vendors in 2023 and beyond?
- How are leading CX services vendors performing? What are their strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities?
- Who are the leaders, major players, and contenders in CX services?
- How do the strategies and offerings of leading CX-related consultancies and agencies compare?
- How and why are CX services driving technology change, organizational change, and culture change among end clients?
- What are the key considerations for engaging CX-related consultancies and agencies?
Accenture plc, Bain & Company, Inc., Boston Consulting Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Deloitte LLP, Dentsu Inc., EPAM Systems Inc., Ernst & Young Global Limited, Globant S.A., HCL Technologies Limited, IBM, Infosys Limited, KPMG International, McKinsey & Company, Omnicom Group Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Publicis Groupe SA, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc., WPP plc, Wipro Limited