Cloud is the foundation for digital transformation, the digital platform and ecosystem-based innovation. IDC's European Cloud Strategies service acts as a focal point for all European cloud research to provide a high-level overview for the region. It spans cloud in its entirety, including public and private cloud and looks at cloud attitudes, cloud security concerns and topics like digital sovereignty. The service focuses on how the cloud opportunity is progressing across Europe and the specific challenges faced by end-user organizations and providers in the region. The product examines the total market opportunity for cloud, investigating new solutions and approaches, emerging business models and vendors, and its impact on individual ICT industry sectors.
European Cloud Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Private and public cloud services market size and forecast
- Cloud in Europe. How does the EU view cloud? Focus on Digital Sovereignty and Gaia-X
- Which workloads are moving to the cloud? Focus on enterprise application migration strategies and SAP S/4 HANA
- Which cloud-intensive use cases will customers invest in? Focus on IoT, AI and DX
- Cloud and sustainability: Focus on cloud provider sustainability initiatives
- Why customers want a local cloud datacenter in their country
- Changing competitive landscape for ICT hardware, software, and service providers in a cloud-centric market, based on IDC's public cloud tracker
- European Cloud Market Analysis Perspective (MAP)
- Cloud IDC FutureScape: European Implications, 2022
- Why cloud adoption is different in Europe
- European Private and Public Cloud 2021 Market Analysis and Forecast, 2022–2026
- Application migration plans into the Public Cloud: challenges and successes
- Cloud-intensive use cases in IoT, DX, AI
- Impact of Digital Sovereignty movement on the European cloud market
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is cloud adoption different in Europe? What are the drivers?
- Which applications are moving to the cloud and at which rate?
- Which use cases are running on the cloud?
- How much will users spend on cloud? What is the cloud business opportunity for hardware, software, and IT services for the cloud?
- How do cloud security, data privacy and code of conducts need to evolve to keep up with cloud developments?
1&1 IONOS Inc., A1 Digital International GmbH, AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Amazon Web Services Inc., Apptio Inc., BMC Software, Inc., BT Group plc, Box, Inc., Broadcom Inc., Canonical Group Limited, Cegedim SA, CenturyLink Inc., Cherwell Software LLC, Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., City Network Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Cloudreach Inc., Colt Group S.A., Dell Technologies Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Devoteam S.A., Digital Realty Trust, Inc., Dimension Data Holdings PLC, Dropbox Inc., Dynatrace LLC, Equinix Inc., Flexera Software, Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi Vantara LLC, IBM, Interxion Holding N.V., Microsoft Corporation, NTT, NetApp, Inc., New Relic, Inc., OVH Groupe S.A.S, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Parallels International GmbH, Rackspace Technology Global, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Scaleway S.A.S, ServiceNow, Inc., Symantec Corporation, T-Systems International GmbH, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Telefonica S.A., Unit4 NV, VMware, Inc., Veeva Systems Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Visma AS, Vodafone Group Plc
Meet the Experts
AVP, Cloud Research, Europe
Research Director, IDC Poland
Associate Research Director, European Cloud Practice