Today's communication service providers (communication SPs) are facing a double-edged sword in the form of a fast-changing and an increasingly unfamiliar market environment. To overcome the challenges born out of rapidly evolving enterprise and consumer demands, coupled with thinning margins from traditional telco services, the communication SPs must transform their business models, product and service offerings, and engagement strategies. IDC's Asia/Pacific Communications Service Provider Business Transformation Strategies looks at the current telecom landscape and how communication SPs and technology vendors can leverage their core assets to transform their business and stay ahead of the competition.
Asia/Pacific Communications Service Provider Business Transformation Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Telecom landscape in Asia/Pacific
- Business strategies for next-generation networks (5G/SD-WAN/SASE/satellite/multicloud/edge)
- Communication SP digital transformation — inside and outside
- Managed network and security (from a communication SP viewpoint)
- Communication SP strategies for IoT and cloud space
- Future workplace and collaboration
- Digital life services and consumer trends
- IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Comms SP Secure Virtual Network Services, 2023
- IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Comms SP Multicloud Networking Services, 2023
- IDC FutureScape: Future of Connectedness 2023/2024 Predictions — Asia/Pacific (Excluding Japan) Implications
- Communication SP DX Strategies: DX Inside — Communication SPs Walking the Talk
- What Enterprises Want — Preferences and Behavior —
- What Enterprises Want — Preferences and Behavior — UC/UCaaS/CPaaS
- Comms SP Satellite and 5G Monetization Strategies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is the communication landscape shaping up, and what to expect over the next few years?
- What is the current state of the telecom market in Asia/Pacific, including the competitive landscape and market potential?
- What are the new business models and industry best practices that the communication SPs as well as technology providers can explore?
- How to leverage the next-generation network technologies to differentiate in the crowded marketplace?
- What do enterprises really want from communication SPs — enterprise behavior and preferences?
- What is the impact of next-generation technologies, such as 5G, satellite, cloud, edge, and IoT, on the communication SP business?
- What are the technology and strategies for collaboration offerings in the new digital age?
- What latest trends and technologies are impacting market dynamics and creating new opportunities in the managed services space for communication SPs?
- AT&T Inc.
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A.
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Avaya Inc.
- BT Group plc
- CITIC Telecom CPC
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Equinix Inc.
- Global Cloud Xchange
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- NCS Pte. Ltd.
- NEC Corporation
- NTT Communications Corporation
- Orange S.A.
- Singapore Telecommunications Limited
- Tata Communications Limited
- Telekom Malaysia Berhad
- Telstra Corporation Limited
- Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Vodafone Group Plc