IDC Energy Insights: Asia/Pacific Utilities Connected Asset Strategies provides advisory service updates to subscribers with the latest trends and developments in transformational technology choices and approaches for navigating the energy transition, driving operational efficiency, and managing their assets and the convergence of IT and operational technology (OT). Renewables and decentralized power generation, energy delivery networks (electricity, gas, and heat), and water and wastewater management benefit from the developments and adoption of IoT, AI, and digital twins, as well as the progressive convergence of IT and operational technology. Energy and digital technologies are radically transforming utilities asset operations and strategies. This program provides guidance to end users in terms of digital transformation (DX) use case road maps, analysis of emerging IT trends, and evaluation of technology providers in this space.
IDC Energy Insights: Asia/Pacific Utilities Connected Asset Strategies
IDC Energy Insights: Asia/Pacific Utilities Connected Asset Strategies service develops exclusive analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Energy Insights' proprietary research projects, which includes surveys, interviews, and proactive communications with industry experts, utilities executives and practitioners, and industry solutions and service providers. To ensure relevance and up-to-date information, our analysts engaged and worked closely with subscribers to discuss, identify, and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research documents. For specific topics or in-depth data insights, our energy analyst is available to provide a custom, personalized research service and advice for energy executives to help them make better-informed decisions.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Key industry and technologies trends facing utilities in relation to asset strategies and operation, including trends related to electrification of demand, decarbonization of operations, sustainability, and circularity
- Digital transformation use cases related to asset strategies and operation, including work transformation use cases
- How asset operations evolve, improve performance, and reduce costs by leveraging innovative technologies and approaches such as big data and analytics, AI, IoT, drones, cloud, and integrated work and asset management platforms, as well as asset life-cycle-aligned processes and workflows
- Opportunities and challenges associated with IT and operational technology choices within utilities' asset-centric operations
- IT and operational technologies integration and governance
- Best practices and case studies related to asset operations excellence
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the top market and technology trends facing utilities in relation to asset strategies and operations in Asia/Pacific?
- How are energy transition and sustainability imperatives affecting how utilities operate and manage their assets in Asia/Pacific?
- In what ways are Asia/Pacific utilities addressing the opportunities and challenges related to their asset-centric operations through their choices of IT and operational technology?
- Which technologies, particularly those related to asset life cycles in the various segments of the value chain — from generation to distribution — are key to the future of the utilities industry?
- In what ways can utilities leverage innovative technologies and methods such as analytics, AI, IoT, drones, cloud, asset management platforms, as well as asset life-cycle-aligned processes and workflows to help them manage changing requirements, enhance performance, and reduce costs?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Energy Insights: Asia/Pacific Utilities Connected Asset Strategies advisory service is ideally suited to support the needs of IT, operations, and business leaders in all energy/utilities segments and is valuable to both the tech vendor and tech buyer communities.