IDC's European Security Strategies and Technologies service provides a forward-looking analysis of the vendors and markets for security technologies, the evolution of security strategies, and the impact of data protection and privacy legislation throughout Europe. IDC categorizes, sizes, and forecasts the market. The service analyzes the impact of technology and business trends and the regulatory context. Subscription benefits include insights on tools and technologies being applied to security and privacy, such as XDR, AI/ML, and security analytics, automation, and orchestration. It also assesses the influence of cloud adoption, IoT, and IT-OT convergence.
European Security Technologies and Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- CISO agendas
- Market opportunity and growth trends
- The cyber resilience imperative
- How security can support digital innovation
- Security as an enterprise risk topic
- Cloud security — security of, from, and in the cloud
- Trends and developments in detection and response
- Trends in zero trust adoption
- Future of trust/Digital trust
- Convergence of networking and security
- Data ethics, data loss prevention, data discovery, encryption/rights management
- Hardware security modules and key management
- EU regulations: ePrivacy, NIS2, DORA, EU Cybersecurity Act, eIDAS
- Market Analysis Perspective: European Identity and Digital Trust
- Market Analysis Perspective: European Network Security
- Market Analysis Perspective: European Cloud Security
- European Endpoint Security Forecast, 2023–2027
- European Identity and Digital Trust Forecast, 2023–2027
- European Security Appliance Forecast 2023–2027
- European SAIRO Market Forecast, 2023–2027
- European DLP Market Forecast, 2023–2027
- European Security Survey 2023
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the defining trends on the European security market and how do they compare to the worldwide market?
- What are the challenges and opportunities relating to evolving trends and technologies such as XDR, AI/ML-driven security, IT/OT convergence, edge computing, and IoT?
- How do new security technologies, strategies, and frameworks resonate with buyers and suppliers in Europe?
- How can security be positioned as a business benefit, and how can security leaders build their business influence?
- How are the deployment and delivery models of security solutions evolving across European markets?
- How are European organizations working to build the cyber resilience of their infrastructure and processes?
- What is the impact of EU legislation on global firms?
AT&T Inc., AVAST Software s.r.o., Accenture plc, Actifio, Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Akamai Technologies, Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Armis Inc., Atos SE, Avanade Inc., BAE Systems, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., BT Group plc, Barracuda Networks, Inc., Beyond Identity Inc., BigID Inc., BitDefender Srl, Bitglass, Inc., Blackberry Ltd., Box, Inc., Broadcom Inc., CGI Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Checkmarx Ltd., CipherCloud, Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Claroty Ltd., Clearswift Ltd., Cloudflare, Inc., Cofense Inc., Collibra NV, Commvault Systems, Inc., Computacenter PLC, Contrast Security, Inc., CrowdStrike, Inc., CyberArk Software Ltd., Cybereason Inc., DXC Technology Co., DarkTrace Ltd., Deep Instinct Inc., Delinea Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Deloitte LLP, Deutsche Telekom AG, Digital Guardian, Inc., Dragos Inc., Dropbox Inc., ESET spol. s r.o., Ernst & Young Global Limited, Exonar Limited, F-Secure Oyj, F5 Networks, Inc., FireEye, Inc., Forcepoint LLC, ForeScout Technologies Inc., ForgeRock, Inc., Fortanix Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google LLC, HP Inc., HackerOne, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Immersive Labs Ltd., Imperva, Inc., Ivanti Software Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., KPMG International, Kaspersky, Lacework Inc., LastPass US LP, LogRhythm, Inc., McAfee LLC, Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, Mimecast Limited, NTT Security, NetApp, Inc., Nozomi Networks Inc., Okta, Inc., One Identity LLC, OneLogin, Inc., OneTrust LLC, Optiv Security Inc., Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Osirium Technologies PLC, Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Panda Security, S.L., Ping Identity Corporation, Pradeo Security Systems SAS, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Privitar Ltd., Proofpoint, Inc., Qualys Inc., RSA Security LLC, RepKnight Ltd., SailPoint Technologies Holdings Inc., Samsung, Saviynt Inc., SecureData Holdings Limited, SecureWorks Inc., Semperis Ltd., ServiceNow, Inc., Skybox Security, Inc., Skyhigh Security, Sophos Plc, Splunk Inc., StormShield, Sumo Logic, Inc., Symantec Corporation, Syncplicity Inc., T-Systems International GmbH, TXOne Networks Inc., Tanium Inc., Tata Communications Limited, Telefonica S.A., Thales Group SAS, Trellix Corp., Trend Micro Incorporated, TrustArc Inc., Unisys Corporation, Utimaco GmbH, VMware, Inc., Varonis Systems Inc., Veritas AG, Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Watchguard Technologies, Inc., Zimperium, Inc., Zscaler Inc., nCipher Inc
Meet the Experts
Research Director, European Security
Research Manager, European Security
Research Manager, European Privacy and Data Security
Research Manager, European Security