IDC's IaaS Trends and Strategies: Networking program is focused on infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) networking and network services market. As modern application workloads, including AI-driven processes, become increasingly distributed, there is a need for networking that cost effectively delivers new capabilities and services, aligns with cloud principles, and can be consumed on demand like other cloud services. This program provides research and insights on technology trends, buying patterns, and end-user adoption of the cloud-based IaaS connectivity and network services market.
IaaS Trends and Strategies: Networking
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
Analyze the evolution of IaaS networking and network services as enterprises increasingly adopt the cloud. In recent years, there has been a significant introduction of a wide range of IaaS network services, and these offerings will continue to expand as enterprises migrate more business-critical applications to cloud environments. IaaS networking and network services include (but are not limited to) IaaS load balancing, ingress controllers, service meshes, cloud routing/VPNs, cloud direct connects/interconnects, cloud DNS, and cloud WANs (cloud middle-mile and transit networks).
- Worldwide IaaS Networking Market Shares and Analysis
- Worldwide IaaS Networking Forecast and Analysis
- IDC Survey: End-User Adoption Trends for IaaS Networking
- Assessment and Use Cases of Various IaaS Network Services Offerings
- IaaS Network Service Providers Ecosystems, Partnerships, and Alliances
- Exploring IaaS Networking Portfolios of Major Cloud Vendors
- Impact of Multicloud and Hybrid Cloud Trends on IaaS Network Services
- IDC PlanScape: Planning for IaaS Networking
- IDC PeerScape: Best Practices for IaaS Networking
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is IaaS networking playing a critical role in the way organizations address their growing cloud infrastructure needs?
- What are the buyer trends in the IaaS networking market?
- How does IaaS networking meet the evolving requirements of cloud workloads throughout application and network life cycles?
- How is IaaS networking evolving to support current and future requirements of organizations' cloud, site-to-cloud, cloud-to-site, and site-to-site networking scenarios?
- How will IaaS networking evolve in relation to application layer networking for API-driven, service-to-service, and multicluster use cases to support Kubernetes in the cloud?
- What elements should be considered when evaluating IaaS networking and network services?
- What are the economic and operational advantages and considerations of using IaaS network services? How do cloud WANs and global cloud transit networks present new connectivity benefits to enterprises while disrupting existing WAN markets and services?
- How can organizations effectively manage networking complexities and ensure seamless connectivity between different cloud platforms by using IaaS network services?