IDC's High-Performance Computing Trends and Strategies flagship service covers high-performance computing (HPC) trends, insights, end-user adoption, use cases, and vendor strategies.
High-Performance Computing Trends and Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- High-performance computing (modeling and simulation)
- High-performance data analytics
- HPC/AI convergence
- Quantum computing for HPC use cases
- Supercomputing (Top 20 of Top500)
- Institutional HPC (rest of Top500)
- Mainstream HPC (not in Top500)
- HPC-related infrastructure technologies, platforms, and systems (compute and storage)
- HPC-related software
- Worldwide HPC Historical Server and Storage Vendor Share
- Worldwide HPC Server and Storage Forecast
- HPC End-User Adoption Trends and Analysis — Market Presentation
- HPC Vendor Landscape — Systems — IDC Perspective
- HPC Vendor Landscape — Platforms and Technologies (Hardware and Software) — IDC Perspective
- HPC Vendor Landscape — Cloud Services — IDC Perspective
- HPC and AI Infrastructure Convergence
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are institutions and enterprises investing in high-performance computing? What are their key objectives (use cases)? And what are their unmet needs in the market?
- How are IT vendors and cloud service providers responding to these unmet needs? What are the key products and services that are being introduced to service these needs?
- What is the market opportunity for these vendors today? In five years?
- Who are the leading vendors and service providers in the space? What differentiates them?
- How is institutional HPC influencing enterprise behavior? What are some of the new and emerging use cases?
ARM Limited, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Atos SE, Bright Computing, Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Inspur Group Co., Ltd., Intel Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, NVIDIA Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Penguin Computing Inc., Pure Storage, Inc., Quantum Corporation, Super Micro Computer Inc., WekaIO Inc., Xilinx, Inc.
Meet the Experts
Group Vice President and General Manager, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies and BuyerView Research
Research Director, High Performance Computing
Research Vice-President, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group, Performance-Intensive Computing Solutions Global Research Lead