IDC's Service ProviderView 2022: Standard is a data-centric yearly survey tracking major shifts in the "long tail" cloud service provider market. The study measures changing business models, growth in products and services, sell-through opportunities by product type, impacts on IT infrastructure investments, and partnering opportunities in the constantly evolving service provider ecosystem. Further insights are provided into profit margins, uncovering cloud "cash cows" versus new product and service investments for innovation. Transformations in attitudes to vendor partnerships are also detailed, outlining which partner programs are valued – and for what reasons. Also covered in this program is the emergence of key managed services for accelerator markets including IoT, machine learning/AI, security services, hosted infrastructure, hosted applications, and professional services.
Service ProviderView 2022: Standard
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Providers covered: ISVs/application developers, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, managed service providers, managed security service providers, hosting providers, systems integrators, VARs/distributors, cloud brokers, and colocation providers
- Subjects analyzed: Cloud service provider business models; growth strategies; operational strategies; development strategies; investment strategies; shifts in products and services; hosted infrastructure; hosted applications; managed services; professional services; shifts in cloud deployments — hybrid, multicloud, public, and private clouds; market drivers and inhibitors; value of vendor partner programs; impacts on cloud service provider infrastructure; on-premises versus off-premises datacenters — server, storage, and networking impacts; software and management tools, software development partnering ecosystem — competition, coopetition, and sell with opportunities; program satisfaction, benefits, and challenges; and partner program success factors
- Service ProviderView 2022: Premium = One survey per year; worldwide and regional data; and banner book + executive summary + survey findings
- Service ProviderView 2022: Standard = One survey per year; worldwide data only; and banner book + executive summary + survey findings
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are cloud service providers business models evolving and what are the expectations for growth?
- Are cloud service providers a bellwether for new and disruptive technology adoption?
- Which cloud products and services are seeing greatest traction and where will cloud service providers be investing?
- Which products and services are cash cows versus top investment sectors?
- Which partnerships are service providers finding most successful and which programs are most interesting?
- How will service providers investments in their own on-premises technology grow relative to using third-party platforms or resell?
- What are the drivers and inhibitors of the cloud market from the perspective of the service providers?