IDC's Personal Computers and Tablets service provides qualitative analysis of the worldwide personal computer (PC) and tablet marketplaces. This program tracks the progress and long-term impact of emerging and established trends in the PC and tablet markets. New and traditional computing opportunities, such as Chromebooks, gaming PCs, and detachable and slate tablets, are evaluated based on timely market intelligence from manufacturing sources, vendor input, component suppliers, and extensive knowledge of influential analysts. This service provides PC and tablet vendors, component suppliers, and investors with the information necessary to make critical business decisions.
Personal Computers and Tablets
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- U.S. and worldwide PC and tablet industry developments by region, form factor, channel, and segment
- Analysis of notebooks and tablets by screen size
- Analysis of interface technologies embedded into PCs
- Quarterly growth forecast by form factor and segment
- Buying patterns among consumer and commercial PC and tablet buyers
- Changes in market share position among major vendors
- Impact of LTE and 5G attach rates
- Detailed views of customer segments
- Worldwide PC Market Review (Quarterly)
- Worldwide PC Forecast Updates (Quarterly)
- Worldwide Tablet Market Review (Quarterly)
- Worldwide Tablet Forecast Updates (Quarterly)
- Worldwide PC Interface and Technologies Forecast (Annual)
- LTE and 5G Notebook Forecast (Annual)
- U.S. Consumer PC and Tablet Buyer Survey (Annual)
- U.S. Commercial PC and Tablet Buyer Survey (Annual)
- Links on Specific Events, such as Earnings Release, CES, and Product Launch
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the environmental, secular, and competitive factors affecting buying choices?
- What are the emerging trends in PC and tablet form factors?
- What interface trends are emerging?
- What are the winning strategies and innovative approaches of successful vendors?
- How will 5G impact connected PC and tablet markets?
- What are the emerging trends in key verticals, such as education?
ASUSTeK Computer Inc., Acer Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Apple Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Google LLC, HP Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Intel Corporation, LG Corp., Lenovo Group Limited, MSI, Microsoft Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Samsung, Xiaomi Inc.
Meet the Experts
Research Vice President, Devices & Displays
Research Manager, Devices and Displays
Group Vice President, Device & Consumer Research