IDC's Industrial and Large Format Printing CIS covers industrial printing categories outside of conventional document printing including large format, production, 3D printing, labels and packaging, and textile printing including both direct-to-garment and direct-to-textile formats. Large format and production printing establishments are converging and expanding the types of printing and other services they offer. At the same time, manufacturers are developing in-house capabilities for a variety of printing services that rival commercial printing operations. Customer demand for fast cycle times, manufacturing flexibility, and sustainability are driving changes through the industrial and large format printing markets. In addition, IDC added new coverage in adjacent markets where the buyers of large format and production printing systems are investing now to leverage their expertise in digital printing.
Industrial and Large Format Printing
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Large format printing
- Production printing
- 3D printing
- Direct-to-shape printing
- Textile printing
- Print Service Provider Research — Taking the Temperature on Buying Intentions and Business Issues
- North America and Worldwide Large Format Print Forecast and Analysis
- North America and Worldwide 3D Printing Forecast and Analysis
- Label and Packaging Trend Analysis
- U.S. and Worldwide Production Color and Monochrome Toner Forecast
- U.S. and Worldwide Digital Label and Flexible Packaging Press Forecast
- U.S. and Worldwide Production High-Speed Inkjet System Forecast
- Digital Textile Market Report
- U.S. Production Page Volume by Application Forecast
- What We Saw: Quarterly Shipment Analysis Series
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the market size and growth trends for the different digital printer market segments? What applications are driving use? What are the trends as far as automation and sustainability are concerned?
- How much print volume is generated by the installed base of different types of digital printing equipment?
- What are the key trends and developments for packaging print (e.g., label, flexible, folding carton, corrugated)?
- What is the impact of 3D printing within an emerging digital manufacturing ecosystem? What applications for 3D printing are developing?
- What are the growth opportunities for digital textile printing, and what is fueling those opportunities?
3D Systems, Inc., ALEPH SRL, Agfa-Gevaert N.V., Beijing Tiertime Technology Co. Ltd., Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., Carbon Inc., DGI Communications, Desktop Metal Inc., Dover Corporation, Durst Phototechnik AG, EOS Gmbh, Eastman Kodak Company, Electronics for Imaging, Inc., Esko-Graphics BV, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Formlabs, Inc., General Electric Company, Gerber Technology LLC, HP Inc., KYOCERA Corporation, Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., MarkForged, Inc., Mimaki Engineering Co., Ltd., Mutoh Holdings Co., Ltd., Ricoh Company, Ltd., Roland Corporation, SPGPrints B.V., Seiko Epson Corp., Stratasys Ltd., Summa nv, XYZprinting, Inc., Xaar plc, Xeikon N.V., Xerox Corporation, Zhejiang Flashforge 3D Technology Co., Ltd., Zünd Systemtechnik AG, aeoon Technologies GmbH, d.gen Inc.