Enterprise Asset Management and Smart Facilities program covers all aspects of enterprise asset management (EAM), facility management, and workplace management software. At the center are applications to oversee maintenance, space management, capital planning, corporate real estate, leasing administration, enterprise service delivery, and occupant experiences. This extends to the applications enabling digital transformation use cases, including predictive maintenance, health and safety, and sustainability. The research explores the evolution of innovation related to connected assets and smart facilities, such as IoT, building information modeling (BIM), digital twin, AI, location intelligence, and mobile technologies. The program delivers perspectives on key trends, market maturity, vendor market share and forecasts, opportunities, and digital transformation use cases. It covers end-user research across IT and line of business (LOB), including asset, maintenance, facility, space planning, and real estate management functions.
Enterprise Asset Management and Smart Facilities
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- EAM and facility management applications targeting businesses worldwide of all sizes and industries
- Integrated workplace management systems and purpose-built applications for facility management, maintenance management, workplace service delivery, visitor management, space planning, space reservations, commercial real estate, and lease administration
- Adjacent autonomous building systems and IoT technologies to enable indoor location, building information modeling, and sustainability management
- Business networks that bring together functional applications for enterprise asset management, field service management, procurement, inventory management, capital project management, financials, and human capital management
- Impact of mobile, automation, intelligent workflows, and AI technologies on vendor and organization strategies for engaging with workers, visitors, customers, tenants, and property managers
- Market maturity, adoption, and the proliferation of cloud and microservice architectures in EAM and facility management applications
- Decision maker input across IT, LOB, and executive leadership into buying behaviors, preferences, and technology requirements for EAM and facility management applications
- Market Share Documents for EAM and Facility Management Software
- Market Forecast Documents for EAM and Facility Management
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled CMMS Applications 2021 Vendor Assessment
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Facility Management Applications 2021 Vendor Assessment Software
- Market Analysis Perspective for EAM and Facility Management Software
- Market Glances for EAM and Facility Management
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the market leaders and how is the market maturing over the next five years?
- What are the current and future market drivers and trends?
- As markets evolve, what are the next opportunities beyond today?
- What innovation is critical to the market and how is it shaping the future?
- What are the main barriers to EAM and smart facility applications and what are best practices for overcoming challenges?
AVEVA Group plc, Accruent LLC, AkitaBox Inc., Aptean, Inc., AssetWorks LLC, CrowdComfort, Inc., Dude Solutions Inc., Envoy Inc., FM:Systems Group LLC, Fiix Inc., Fluke Corporation, Hitachi ABB Power Grids Ltd., IBI Group Inc., IBM, IFS AB, Infor Inc., KloudGin Inc., LeaseAccelerator Inc., LeaseQuery LLC, MRI Software LLC, Microsoft Corporation, Nuvolo Technologies Corp., OfficeSpace Software Inc., Oracle Corporation, PTC, Inc., Planon Group, SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., ServiceChannel.com, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., SpaceIQ LLC, Spacewell International NV, Tango Management Consulting, Inc., UpKeep Technologies, Inc., Visual Lease LLC, iOFFICE Inc.