5G is one of the key enablers for digital transformation (DX), alongside cloud, edge computing, AI, AR/VR, and robotics. 5G is also essential for realizing cyberphysical systems (CPS) and manpower-saving in field operation, which is becoming particularly serious in Japan. IDC's Japan 5G Driving Business and Technologies (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports) analyzes Japan's industrial 5G markets and 5G use cases. In 2023, carrier MEC, 5G-enabled manpower saving, and data linkage platforms for CPS market trends are focused. It also provides detailed quantitative market forecasts.
Japan 5G Driving Business and Technologies (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports)
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Industrial 5G market
- Carrier MEC services market
- 5G and carrier MEC use cases
- 5G-enabled manpower saving
- Data linkage platform for CPS
- Japan Industrial 5G Market Forecasts
- Japan Carrier MEC Services Market Forecasts
- Japan Industrial 5G Market Enterprise User Survey
- Japan Manpower Saving in Field Operation Use Cases and Forecasts
- Japan Data Linkage Platform Market Trends
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Future of Connectedness 2023 Predictions — Japan Implications
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the sizes of 5G markets and key growth drivers?
- What are the sizes of carrier MEC markets and major use cases?
- To what extent 5G can contribute to manpower saving in field operation?
- What are 5G vendor strategies and ecosystem trends?
- How CPS and data linkage society can be realized with 5G?
Amazon.com Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Ericsson, Fujitsu Limited, Google LLC, Hitachi, Ltd., KDDI Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, NS Solutions Corporation, NTT, NTT Communications Corporation, NTT DoCoMo, Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, Net One Systems Co. Ltd., Nokia Corporation, OPTAGE Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Rakuten, Inc., Samsung, Softbank Group Corp.