IDC's Future of Digital Infrastructure - Agenda research program highlights CXO perspectives on how changes in cloud, datacenter, network, edge, and AI/ML-powered infrastructure and operations are being used to enable business resiliency and innovation. This program provides forward-looking insights around CXO strategies and priorities for optimizing digital infrastructure architectures, intelligent automation, governance, staffing, skills, vendor relationships, and infrastructure sourcing, including consumption-based subscriptions and online marketplaces.
Future of Digital Infrastructure - Agenda
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The operational impacts of extended ubiquitous digital boundaries based on integrations across hybrid cloud and networked edge resources
- Evolution of cloud and digital infrastructure governance, KPIs, and vendor sourcing best practices
- Impact of consumption-based pricing and support options on enterprise digital infrastructure purchasing and TCO
- Evolution of top priority IT and CloudOps skills and processes
- Impact of workload-centric and data-aware optimization sourcing strategies that emphasize business outcomes and SLAs
- Impact of self-driving, autonomous operations using AI/ML-powered observability and automation for cost, performance, and security optimization
- IDC PlanScape: Best Practices for Consumption-Based Digital Infrastructure Sourcing
- IDC Survey: Digital Infrastructure Trends and Voice of the Customer
- IDC Perspective: Five Critical Enterprise Transformations Required for Digital Infrastructure Success
- IDC PeerScape: Best Practices for Adopting Self-Driving Autonomous Operations Strategies
- IDC MaturityScape: Future of Digital Infrastructure
- IDC Future of Digital Infrastructure Maturity Index and Benchmarks
- Ongoing Analysis of Major Cloud and Digital Infrastructure Supplier Strategies
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Digital Infrastructure 2022 Predictions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the most important digital infrastructure technology trends impacting business digitalization success?
- How should enterprise digital business decision makers collaborate with IT and CloudOps teams to take full advantage of cloud and digital infrastructure innovation?
- How does the increasing maturity of AI-enabled analytics/operations across compute, data, and network infrastructure alter IT management and governance best practices?
- As enterprises deliver new digital services across many geographies, what will be the impact on how they consume and manage infrastructure assets, including edge and cloud?
- How will staffing, skills, and governance strategies need to evolve to ensure optimal digital infrastructure cost, performance, security, and scale?
- What impact will the shift to more flexible/as-a-service consumption of infrastructure have on the end-to-end utilization of digital infrastructure assets and services?
Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon Web Services Inc., AppDynamics, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., Broadcom Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Datadog, Inc., Dell Inc., Dynatrace LLC, F5 Networks, Inc., Google LLC, HashiCorp, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Juniper Networks, Inc., Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., New Relic, Inc., Nutanix, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Puppet, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., SUSE Linux GmbH, ServiceNow, Inc., Splunk Inc., VMware, Inc.