Organizations with untethered business processes and ubiquitously accessible IT resources will be better positioned to compete and thrive in the digital economy. To this end, software platforms that provision, manage, monitor, and secure enterprise employees' endpoint devices — from PCs and Macs to smartphones, tablets, and some IoT devices — are critical to successful digital transformation. As part of IDC's broader future of work research practice, IDC's Enterprise Mobility: Workspace Platforms and Security service provides a view to the opportunities, competitive landscape, key trends, and end-user needs in the enterprise software markets for endpoint device management, enterprise mobility, and digital workspace management infrastructure. This CIS covers key software markets including unified endpoint management (UEM) and client endpoint management (which includes PC life-cycle management, UEM, and IoT device management software submarkets). Also covered is mobile security, including mobile security software market segments (such as mobile threat management mobile identity and enterprise cloud security services focused on mobile endpoints).
Enterprise Mobility: Workspace Platforms and Security
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Unified endpoint management software platforms
- Enterprise PC and Mac endpoint management software tools
- Enterprise mobility management software platforms for device, application, and data management
- Mobile security software and services, including mobile application security testing software
- Enterprise mobile location-based service software platforms
- Mobile operating systems trends relative to the enterprise
- BYOD trends and software solutions
- Unified Endpoint Management Software Forecast and Analysis
- Unified Endpoint Management Software Market Shares
- Client Endpoint Management Software Forecast and Analysis
- Mobile Security Software Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape for Unified Endpoint Management
- IDC TechBrief for Unified Endpoint Management
- Enterprise Mobility Demand-Side Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What strategies are enterprises adopting for managing, securing, and optimizing the overall end-user computing experience for employees, partners, and contractors?
- What tools, processes, and strategies are enterprises using to manage the convergence of end-user computing technologies (from mobile smartphones and tablets to PCs and laptops) as well as emerging enterprise wearables technologies?
- How do secure, intelligent digital workspaces play into enterprises' broader strategies around the future of work?
- What methods and best practices exist to create, deploy, manage, and secure access to corporate information on mobile devices?
- What effect will 5G have on enterprise mobility from the perspective of devices and apps to software platforms, security infrastructure, and overall mobile worker productivity?
- How are enterprises responding to the risks and security threats regarding mobile operating systems, apps, and services?
- How are organizations leveraging mobility for business transformation, especially in frontline worker scenarios?
Absolute Software Corporation, Alpha Software Services, Ltd., Amazon.com Inc., AnyPresence, Inc., Appcelerator, Inc., Apperian Inc., Apple Inc., BMC Software, Inc., Blackberry Ltd., Bomgar Corporation, Broadcom Inc., Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., F-Secure Oyj, Google LLC, Gupta Technologies LLC, HERE Global B.V., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Intel Corporation, Ivanti Software Inc., JAMF Software LLC, Kaspersky, KidoZen Inc., Kinvey, Inc., Kony, Inc., Lookout Inc., Microsoft Corporation, MobileIron, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Pegasystems Inc., Progress Software Corporation, Quest Software Inc., Red Bend Software, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., SAP SE, SOTI Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Sencha Inc., Symantec Corporation, Tangoe, Inc., Trend Micro Incorporated, VMware, Inc., Verivo Software Inc., Wandera, Inc., Zebra Technologies Corporation, Zimperium, Inc., Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.