Organizations with untethered business processes and ubiquitously accessible IT resources will be better positioned to compete and thrive in the digital economy. To this end, software platforms that provision, manage, monitor, and secure enterprise employees' endpoint devices — from PCs and Macs to smartphones, tablets, and some IoT devices — are critical to successful digital transformation. As part of IDC's broader future of work research practice, IDC's Endpoint Device Management and Enterprise Mobility service provides a view to the opportunities, competitive landscape, key trends, and end-user needs in the enterprise software markets for endpoint device management, enterprise mobility, and digital workspace management infrastructure. This CIS covers key software markets including unified endpoint management (UEM) and client endpoint management (which includes PC life-cycle management, UEM, and IoT device management software submarkets). Also covered is mobile security, including mobile security software market segments (such as mobile threat management mobile identity and enterprise cloud security services focused on mobile endpoints).
Endpoint Device Management and Enterprise Mobility
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Unified endpoint management software platforms
- Enterprise PC and Mac endpoint management software tools
- Enterprise mobility management software platforms for device, application, and data management
- Mobile security software and services, including mobile application security testing software
- Enterprise mobile location-based service software platforms
- Mobile operating systems trends relative to the enterprise
- BYOD trends and software solutions
- Unified Endpoint Management Software Forecast and Analysis
- Unified Endpoint Management Software Market Shares
- Client Endpoint Management Software Forecast and Analysis
- Mobile Security Software Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape for Unified Endpoint Management
- IDC TechBrief for Unified Endpoint Management
- Enterprise Mobility Demand-Side Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What strategies are enterprises adopting for managing, securing, and optimizing the overall end-user computing experience for employees, partners, and contractors?
- What tools, processes, and strategies are enterprises using to manage the convergence of end-user computing technologies (from mobile smartphones and tablets to PCs and laptops) as well as emerging enterprise wearables technologies?
- How do secure, intelligent digital workspaces play into enterprises' broader strategies around the future of work?
- What methods and best practices exist to create, deploy, manage, and secure access to corporate information on mobile devices?
- What effect will 5G have on enterprise mobility from the perspective of devices and apps to software platforms, security infrastructure, and overall mobile worker productivity?
- How are enterprises responding to the risks and security threats regarding mobile operating systems, apps, and services?
- How are organizations leveraging mobility for business transformation, especially in frontline worker scenarios?
- 42Gears Mobility Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- AT&T Inc.
- Addigy, Inc.
- Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Automox Inc.
- Blackberry Ltd.
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- Cortado AG
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Google LLC
- HID Global Corporation
- Ivanti Software Inc.
- JAMF Software LLC
- Kandji, Inc.
- Lenovo Group Limited
- Lookout Inc.
- Micro Focus International plc
- Microsoft Corporation
- Mitsogo Inc.
- NetMotion Wireless Inc.
- Pradeo Security Systems SAS
- ProMobi Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Quest Software Inc.
- SOTI Inc.
- Sophos Plc
- Tanium Inc.
- VMware, Inc.
- Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Zimperium, Inc.
- Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.