The IT education market traditionally focused on instructor-led, classroom-based instruction. No longer. During the past 15 years — and particularly during the global COVID-19 pandemic — enterprises seek more efficient mechanisms for providing technology training to their IT organizations and end users. The result is a rapid shift in training delivery. At the same time, IT training markets must also demonstrate relevance and value, causing training vendors — especially the training arms of technology vendors — to continue to adapt offerings and delivery methods to better meet client needs. IDC's IT Skills for Digital Business (DX) service helps software vendors, certification sponsors, consulting firms, and independent training companies identify growth areas among the many IT products, topics, and certifications. This service provides key documents on training, certification, and the impact of training on project success and team productivity.
IT Skills for Digital Business
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IT education and training
- Worldwide and U.S. certification testing and training
- Top training providers
- IT elearning
- Advanced technology training
- IT skills for cloud adoption
- Importance of DX skills to IT transformation
- IT employment changes
- Delivery of IT training (e.g., instructor-led classroom and technology based)
- Corporate IT education buyers' characteristics and trends
- High-value elements of certification programs as a marketing tool
- Impact of IT training and certification on team performance
- IDC Annual IT Skills and Training Buyer Survey
- Worldwide and U.S. IT Education and Training Forecast
- Worldwide and U.S. IT Education and Training Delivery Forecast
- Worldwide Forecast of IT Employment
- IDC MaturityScape: Technology Skill Development
- IT Training Vendors Selection Priorities
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is digital transformation changing IT roles and IT skills?
- How does the looming global skills crisis impact enterprises and their business goals?
- How is IT employment changing globally?
- What impact does training have on organizational performance?
- How critical is a vendor's certification program when prospects are considering purchasing new systems?
- Do buyers prefer vendor-authorized training content, and are they willing to pay a premium for that?
- Do IT managers prefer hiring certified employees?
- How significant is the trend toward outsourcing IT training?
360training.com, AXELOS Limited, Adobe Systems Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Ancile Solutions Inc., Arrow Electronics, Inc., Avnet, Inc., Brainbench , CBT Nuggets LLC, CED Solutions, CPD, Cisco Systems Inc., CompTIA, Inc., Computer Generated Solutions, Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., EduGroupe, ExecuTrain, ExitCertified ULC, Fast Lane Consulting and Education Services Inc., Firebrand Training, GP Strategies Corp., Global Knowledge Training LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, IMPACT IT TRAINING, INDC, Infopro Learning Private Limited, Infosec Institute Inc., Intense School, LearnQuest Inc., Learning Tree International Inc., LinkedIn Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, NIIT Limited, NetCom Learning Inc., New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Inc., Online Consulting, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Pink Elephant, Pluralsight LLC, QA, QuickStart Learning Inc., ROI Training, RWD Technologies Inc., Reed Online Ltd, SANS Institute, SAP SE, SkillSoft Corp., Stormwind, LLC., Symantec Corporation, TRAINING ASSOCIATES CORP., Tech Data Corporation, Tech Sherpas Corporation, Unitek S.A., VMware, Inc.