IDC's European Edge Strategies provides a holistic view of the European Edge ecosystem across hardware, software, services, and connectivity. It has a focus on European verticals, use cases, vendors, go-to-market routes and partners, and impact on end-users.
European Edge Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The European edge market across hardware, software, services, and connectivity and how this market is evolving to be distinct compared to core infrastructure.
- Tracks the transformation of workloads as the edge buildout matures.
- Analyzes the challenges of moving towards a distributed architecture across deployments, management, and operations.
- What is the role of integrators, ISVs, and service providers in providing platforms and architectures.
- Edge State of Play in Europe
- Growth of the European Edge: Forecast and Analysis
- Edge Infrastructure Preferences
- Emerging European Edge Alliances Ecosystem
- Edge Use Cases in Europe
- Edge in collaboration with other emerging technologies (IoT, AI, etc.)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key features of the Edge environment in Europe?
- What are the established, emerging, and formative use cases for Edge in Europe?
- What is the business value of Edge and why is it important for end users?
- How Edge strategies connect to Cloud and Telecoms?
- What's the European Edge vendor ecosystem and what are the key relationships and partnerships?
- ARM Limited
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Capgemini Services SAS
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Cloudera, Inc.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Equinix Inc.
- Google LLC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Intel Corporation
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Lenovo Group Limited
- NVIDIA Corporation
- NetApp, Inc.
- Nokia Corporation
- Red Hat, Inc.
- Schneider Electric SE
- T-Systems International GmbH
- Telefonica S.A.
- VMware, Inc.