Telcos are evolving from traditional communication service providers to platform players at the heart of digital ecosystems. This entails transforming their network infrastructure and associated IT, as well as deciding where to operate in the digital value chain, who to partner with, and how to manage and orchestrate new technologies. This requires infrastructure and operational transformation. IDC Telecommunications Insights: Europe, Middle East and Africa Business Models and Technology Transformation service presents our analysis of how telcos in Europe are addressing this transformation and the related opportunities available to telco vendors and partners.
IDC Telecommunications Insights: Europe, Middle East and Africa Business Models and Technology Transformation
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Digital transformation within the telco
- Telco Operational and Business Support Systems (OSS & BSS)
- Customer experience technologies and strategies
- The evolving API telco market
- Impact of key enabling technologies, e.g., 5G, AI/ML, IoT, cloud
- Telco capex and opex spend
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Intelligence and automation in telco operations and processes
- 5G and LTE developments and deployments
- The role of cloud providers in the digital telco ecosystem
- Safeguarding digital sovereignty
- Outlook for the European Telecom Industry in 2022/23
- Market Analysis Perspective: Technology Priorities and Strategies
- European Communications SP Spending Forecast, 2022–2026
- European Telco Capex and Opex Tracker
- European Telco Survey: Technology Plans and Strategies
- Strategic considerations for the API telco market
- Next-Generation OSS/BSS
- Pivoting cost centers toward SaaS and opex-driven models
- European OSS/BSS Forecast, 2022–2026
- How Emerging Technologies Will Change Telecoms: AI/ML, RPA
- Strategies to boost telecom customer experience
- Evaluating telco opportunities in Digital Marketplaces
- Intelligence NOC/SOC: AI-Driven Telco Operations
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What will shape the European telecoms industry in 1–5 years?
- What will telcos’ in EMEA capital and operational expenditure be, by category and country?
- How will network architectures and investments change as 5G takes over?
- What effect will emerging technologies have on telco operations and service offerings?
- How should telcos adapt their core OSS/BSS to capitalize on new revenue generating opportunities delivered by 5G services?
- How can telcos adopt new technology and operating models to transform and improve customer experience (CX)?
- What will the NOC/SOC look like with the expected growth in subscriptions per subscriber.?
- Telco spend on cloud and associated services over 5 years.
A1 Group Inc., AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Altice N.V., Amazon Web Services Inc., Amdocs Limited, Atos SE, BT Group plc, Capgemini Services SAS, CenturyLink Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Colt Group S.A., Dell Technologies Inc., Deloitte LLP, Deutsche Telekom AG, EIR Inc., Elisa Oyj, Ericsson, Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Services (Hong Kong) Co., Limited, IBM, KPN, Liberty Global PLC, MTS, Incorporated, MegaFon S.A., Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, NTT, Netcracker Technology Corp., Nokia Corporation, OTE S.A., Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Proximus Group, Samsung, Swisscom Ltd., TDC A/S, TIM AG, Tech Mahindra Limited, Tele2 AB, Telefonica S.A., Telenor ASA, Telia Company AB, VEON Ltd., VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Wipro Limited, ZTE Corporation
Meet the Experts
Associate Vice President, European Telecommunications Insights
Research Director, EMEA Telecommunications and Networking
Research Manager, European Telco Insights
Research Manager, EMEA Mobility