The Worldwide Big Data and Analytics Spending Guide examines the Big Data and analytics (BDA) opportunity from the technology, industry, company size, deployment type, and geography perspectives. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool, allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the Big Data and analytics market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 3 technology groups with 20 technology categories: Hardware (servers and external storage systems), software (advanced and predictive analytics tools; AI software platforms; analytic data integration and integrity tools; content analytics tools; continuous analytics tools; customer relationship analytic applications; end-user query, reporting, and analysis tools; enterprise performance management applications; nonrelational analytic data stores; production planning applications; relational data warehouses; search systems; services operations analytic applications; spatial and location analytics tools; supply chain and product analytic applications; and workforce analytic applications), and services (business services and IT services)
- 19 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, and utilities
- 5 company size segments: 1–9, 10–99, 100–499, 500–999, and 1,000+ employees
- 3 deployment types: On premises/others, public cloud services, and all deployment types
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 52 geographies: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, the rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by technology, industry, company size, deployment type, and geography — delivered twice a year
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide BDA solution opportunity?
- Where should I focus my resources for the greatest return on investment?
- Which BDA technologies will grow the fastest?
- Which regions and countries are the greatest adopters of BDA solutions?
- Which industries show the greatest long-term potential, and which are the largest industries in any specific country for BDA solutions?
- How do geographical growth rates vary by industry and company size?