IDC's European Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends service offers a holistic view of the opportunities presented by the Internet of Things. The service addresses the wide range of technology components, including sensors, gateways, connectivity, purpose-built platforms, analytics, security, application software and professional services, that are required to deliver IoT solutions to many different use cases and verticals. The research includes insights from extensive supply-side interviews across the ecosystem, as well as enterprise decision-maker survey results. It provides the insights needed for IoT suppliers to decide which opportunities to target and how to position for success.
European Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Overall IoT market opportunity in Europe
- IoT connectivity from device to cloud
- The evolving roles of telcos and other players in IoT
- Enterprise decision-making and demand across verticals
- The importance and evolution of platforms, analytics, and artificial intelligence within the IoT ecosystem
- IoT opportunity for the various IoT providers: connectivity providers, hardware companies, software companies, and services companies
- The evolution of the IoT ecosystem in key industry sectors including manufacturing, automotive, government, utilities, retail, and others
- IoT connectivity ecosystem, including MVNOs, CMPs, eSIMs, networks, and modules
- Smart home device market trends, demand, and vendor positioning
- Successful IoT implementations in Europe with insights into growing use cases, as well as best practices for scalability
- IoT channel and partner ecosystem
- Market Analysis Perspective on the Internet of Things in Europe
- European Internet of Things Forecast, 2022–2026
- European IoT Market Glance: A Map of the Ecosystem and Key Players
- Telco Strategies Across the IoT Value Chain
- European CSPs Address Global IoT Connectivity, MVNOs, eSIMs, and Permanent Roaming
- Evolving Enterprise Networks to Support Growing IoT Requirements
- IoT Security Forecast
- Smart Home Device Trends and Market Shares
- European Private 5G and IoT Survey Results
- European Smart Building Market
- IoT and Cloud in Europe
- European LPWAN and 5G IoT Connectivity Forecast
- IDC Links on European IoT developments
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the 360-degree view on IoT in Europe? How will the ecosystem develop, and where will traditional ICT vendors fit in?
- Which industries and use cases will be the next big opportunities?
- How will the IoT market be segmented, and which vendor types will be best placed to benefit?
- What are the end-user preferences when considering and deploying IoT investments?
- How big is the IoT opportunity in Europe and how fast will it grow?
- What will be the most effective business models in the emerging IoT ecosystem?
- How will issues such as vertical specialization, analytics, or the need for IoT at the edge affect future IoT deployments?
- What is the end-user sentiment towards IoT implementation, challenges, and drivers?
- What do enterprise customers consider most important when selecting vendors to assist their IoT deployments?
Accenture plc, Amazon Web Services Inc., Atos SE, BT Group plc, Cisco Systems Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Ericsson, Google LLC, HCL Technologies Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Microsoft Corporation, Nokia Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Proximus Group, SAP SE, Swisscom Ltd., Telefonica S.A., Vodafone Group Plc