IDC's PaaS for Developers of Modern and Edge Applications leverages a combination of demand-side research with market modeling expertise to identify the evolving needs of PaaS buyers as they implement the products and services needed to accelerate application development and deployment in the cloud, across multiple clouds, and at the edge. This program also helps vendors with market and product planning, aligning their products with developer and customer needs, and painting a competitive landscape for the services being implemented and the factors that influence buying decisions. It also provides insights into market adoption, vendor positioning, and technology advances toward highly dynamic cloud-based service-centric computing environments for planning, developing, deploying, testing, and maintaining applications.
PaaS for Developers of Modern and Edge Applications
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) market size, share, forecast, segmentation (region and major market segments), and analysis
- Foundational cloud services forecast and analysis
- Supporting components/services used by developers including integration, event streaming, data management, AI/ML, and container orchestration
- User requirements and usage patterns for evolving public multicloud and cross-cloud PaaS use cases
- In-depth evaluation of vendor business models, architectures, and product and service offering capabilities
- User demand, requirements, and issues surrounding cloud-based deployments of modern applications
- Architectural technologies including composite applications, container orchestration, microservices, event-based systems, DevOps, serverless, and function-driven (functions as a service [FaaS]) technologies
- The growing use of cloud services at edge locations
- Low-code and no-code developer platforms that speed up the process of development to delivery and deployment of applications
- Worldwide Platform as a Service Market Shares
- Worldwide Platform as a Service Forecast
- Platform Services for Modern Edge Applications
- Worldwide Foundational Cloud Services Forecast
- PaaS Survey for Usage and Deployment Plans
- Buyer Pattern Research and Analysis
- PaaS Convergence and the Impact of New Entrants
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are customers looking for when they make PaaS purchasing decisions?
- How is PaaS technology evolving as the market evolves, and how are services being distributed to where the applications deploy?
- How is the PaaS ecosystem evolving and accelerating the growth of platform services on top of foundational cloud services?
- How are PaaS and other cloud services interlocked and codependent?
- What acquisitions are changing the PaaS market, and how is that change in trajectory likely to affect customer adoption long term?
AT&T Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Akamai Technologies, Inc., Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon.com Inc., AppScale Systems, Inc., Appian Corp., Apprenda Inc., Atlassian Pty Ltd., Axway Inc., Broadcom Inc., CAST SA, CenturyLink Inc., Chef Software, Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Clever Cloud SAS, CloudBees, Inc., CloudOne LLC, CloudShare Inc., Compuware Corporation, Dell Technologies Inc., Digital Realty Trust, Inc., Domo Inc., DuraCloud, Dynatrace LLC, ESRI Inc., ForeSoft Corp., Fujitsu Limited, Getup Cloud, GigaSpaces Technologies Ltd., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi Vantara LLC, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Infor Inc., Informatica LLC, Intel Corporation, Intuit Inc., Jamcracker Inc., Joyent, Inc., Kaavo, Liaison Technologies Inc., MIOsoft, Magic Software Enterprises Ltd., Mendix Inc., Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, Mirantis Inc., MongoDB Inc., Morphlabs, Inc., NTT, New Relic, Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, OrangeScape Technologies Ltd., OutSystems S.A., Oxygen Cloud, Inc., Parasoft Corp., Progress Software Corporation, Puppet, Inc., QuickBase Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Reltio Inc., Rightscale Inc., SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., SUSE Linux GmbH, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, ServiceNow, Inc., Siemens AG, Skytap, Inc., SnapLogic Inc., Software AG, TIBCO Software Inc., Tencent Holdings Limited, TrackVia, Inc., Unisys Corporation, VMware, Inc., Veracode, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., WSO2, Inc., Wavemaker Partners, Workday, Inc., Zendesk Inc., Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.