The Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends program focuses on the macro issues affecting the IoT market and the evolution of IoT deployments among organizations. From the start, the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem was and still is a complex market with multiple layers and hundreds of players, including device vendors, communications service providers, IoT platform and analytics vendors, and IT services providers. The Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends service analyzes the growth of this market from the autonomously connected endpoints and its spend potential, and it advises on market maturity and enterprise adoption as well as evolving trends and shifts in the vendor ecosystem in the world of connected "things."
Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IoT market opportunity for spend and deployments
- Enterprise adoption: Challenges and opportunities
- IoT in an artificial intelligence world
- IoT monetization best practices
- Market maturity and adoption
- Vendor opportunities within each layer of the technology stack
- Decision maker input into buying behaviors, preferences, and technology requirements
- Worldwide IoT Spending Forecast
- Worldwide IoT Device and Data Forecast
- Worldwide IoT Taxonomy
- IoT Market Glance
- IDC DecisionScapes for IoT
- IDC MaturityScape: IoT 2.0
- Vendor and Customer Profiles on Innovative IoT Solutions
- Use Cases of Innovative IoT Implementations
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the size of and forecast for the worldwide and regional markets for the Internet of Things?
- How many IoT devices are connected? How much data is being generated by these IoT devices?
- What does the IoT value chain look like? How should vendors position themselves for success within it?
- What are the key challenges facing customers as they embark on IoT deployments?
- How is the market maturing as enterprises move beyond proof of concept to scaled deployments?
- What are IoT solution best practices?