The Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends program focuses on the macro issues affecting the Internet of Things (IoT) market and the evolution of IoT deployments among organizations. From the start, the IoT ecosystem was and still is a complex market with multiple, intersecting layers and hundreds of players, including device vendors, IoT system vendors, IoT software vendors, and service providers. The Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends service analyzes the growth of this market from the devices to the industry-specific applications, and it advises on market maturity and enterprise adoption as well as evolving trends and shifts in the vendor ecosystem in the world of connected "things."
Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IoT market opportunity for spend and deployments
- Enterprise adoption: Challenges and opportunities
- IoT in the context of OT
- IoT monetization best practices
- Market maturity and adoption
- Vendor opportunities within each layer of the technology stack
- Decision maker input into buying behaviors, preferences, and technology requirements
- Worldwide IoT Spending Forecast
- Worldwide IoT Device and Data Forecast
- Worldwide IoT Taxonomy
- IoT Market Glance
- IDC DecisionScapes for IoT
- IDC Industry Perspectives for IoT
- Vendor and Customer Profiles on Innovative IoT Solutions
- Innovative IoT Implementations and Use Cases
- Quarterly Key Announcements and Press Releases
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the current and future sizes for the worldwide and regional IoT markets?
- How many IoT devices are connected? How much data is being generated by these IoT devices?
- What does the IoT value chain look like? Who are the different players?
- What are the key challenges facing customers as they embark on IoT deployments?
- How is the IoT market maturing? How are enterprises investing in advancing proof of concept into scaled deployments?
- What are IoT solution deployment best practices?
- What key industry and vendor announcements are impacting the future evolution of IoT?
ABB Ltd., ARM Limited, AT&T Inc., AVEVA Group plc, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Aeris, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Altizon Systems Pte. Ltd., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Arrow Electronics, Inc., Atos SE, Avnet, Inc., Ayla Networks, Inc., Blackberry Ltd., C3.ai, Inc., Canonical Group Limited, China Mobile Limited, Cisco Systems Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, DXC Technology Co., Dell Technologies Inc., Emerson Electric Co., Equinix Inc., Ericsson, Fujitsu Limited, Gemalto N.V., General Electric Company, Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi Vantara LLC, Honeywell International Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Johnson Controls, Inc., Lexmark International, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, NTT DATA Corporation, Nokia Corporation, NovAtel Inc., OMNETRIC Group, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., PTC, Inc., Qualcomm Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Rockwell Automation, Inc., Rogers Communications Inc., SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Schneider Electric SE, SensorLogic Inc., Siemens AG, Sierra Wireless S.A., Software AG, Splunk Inc., T-Mobile, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tech Data Corporation, Telefonica S.A., Telit Communications PLC, Toshiba Corporation, Twilio, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Wipro Limited, Zebra Technologies Corporation