IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide IT Priorities and Strategies research advisory service analyzes IT investments made across the manufacturing industry and manufacturers' progress with digital transformation. The service also researches topics that are changing the way manufacturers buy and use IT, including big data and analytics, cloud, IoT, and 3D printing. Our research builds upon IDC Manufacturing Insights' Global Manufacturing Performance database of more than 850 companies from around the world and our substantial survey work on hardware, software, and services spending.
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide IT Priorities and Strategies
The IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide IT Priorities and Strategies service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Manufacturing Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, manufacturing executives and practitioners, and product and service vendors. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts are also available to provide individualized advice for manufacturing executives to help make better-informed decisions.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- The IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide IT Priorities and Strategies advisory service covers a broad range of segments and topics across various manufacturing industry segments, including:
- Digital transformation: Identifying the investments and best practices supporting increasing maturity in the five dimensions of digital transformation
- Big data and analytics, including artificial intelligence: Determining key use cases and projects for business innovation with analytics technologies
- Cloud: Maximizing cloud computing work across various deployment and delivery options
- IoT: Understanding how manufacturers are successfully integrating IoT into their products, processes, and existing IT portfolio
- Asset performance management (APM): The people, process, and technology changes to shift from reactive to predictive maintenance
- Sustainability/environment, health, and safety (EHS): Ensuring that employees and operations are safe, sustainable, and efficient
- Budget benchmarks, including hardware, software, and services
- Industry health in our four manufacturing value chains (asset, brand, engineering, and technology) and what's driving IT investment
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can manufacturers advance digital business transformation with IT investments?
- How should manufacturers incorporate emerging technologies into their investment plans?
- How is IT spending allocated across major IT categories?
- What is the industry road map of strategic vendors?
- How do major service providers assist manufacturers in adopting new technologies that best fit manufacturers' unique industry challenges?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide IT Priorities and Strategies advisory service is ideally suited to support the needs of both IT and business leaders in all manufacturing segments