As the cloud market expands, so does investment in new builds of commercial datacenters (DCs). In enterprise datacenters, the market sees more projects to decommission and integrate existing facilities, as enterprise IT assets are being moved to the cloud environment. IDC's Japan Datacenter Facility and Colocation Strategies (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports) service is focused on hosting infrastructure services as well as these critical issues in the DC facility (such as UPS, cooling, and building) and provides an in-depth analysis of end-user trends and forecasts of major markets. In 2024, the demand and supply analysis for hyperscale datacenters is covered.
Japan Datacenter Facility and Colocation Strategies (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports)
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Datacenter census (number of sites, floor space, and power supply)
- End-user spending on new builds of datacenter facilities (including UPS and cooling systems)
- End-user spending on DC facility maintenance
- Datacenter services (hosting and colocation)
- Japan Datacenter Census Forecast
- Japan Datacenter Facility Market Forecast
- Japan Datacenter Managers' Survey
- Japan Datacenter Services Market Forecast (Hosting/Colocation)
- Japan Datacenter Operators' Strategies
- Japan Hyperscale Datacenter: Demand and Supply Analysis
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Future of Digital Infrastructure 2024 Predictions — Japan Implications
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the size of user spending in the new builds of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What is the size of user spending in the maintenance of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What are the challenges faced by enterprise and commercial datacenters with respect to datacenter facilities' design and management?
- How many DCs are run in Japan? What is their size distribution? What is the size of the power supply in those datacenters? What will these numbers be in five years?
- What is the size of the datacenter services market (hosting and colocation) and its forecast?
- What are the challenges faced by commercial DC operators?
- What is the future demand for hyperscale datacenters in Japan?
- AT TOKYO Corporation
- Colt Technology Services Group Ltd.
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc.
- Equinix Inc.
- Fuji Electric Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Fujitsu Limited
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- IDC Frontier Inc.
- IIJ Technology Inc.
- ITOCHU Corporation
- KDDI Corporation
- Keihanshin Building Co.,Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- NS Solutions Corporation
- NTT Communications Corporation
- NTT DATA Corporation
- NTT Facilities Inc.
- SAKURA Internet Inc.
- SCSK Corporation
- Schneider Electric SE
- Shimizu Corporation
- TIS Inc.
- Takenaka Corporation