IDC Manufacturing Insights: Asia/Pacific Manufacturing Digital Transformation Strategies research advisory service provides subscribers with the latest trends and developments in transformational IT-led technology choices, approaches, and strategies for the manufacturing sector. This service provides expert analysis resulting in actionable research to help manufacturers with digital transformation investment decisions. Subscribers will benefit from this research by developing effective information, operational, and communication technology strategies and tactics to compete and thrive in the global economy. A particular focus is on business IT solution priorities and operational technologies (OT) and includes manufacturing execution systems (MESs), product life-cycle management (PLM), enterprise asset management (EAM), and specific industry trends such as Industry 4.0 and sustainability. In addition, this service covers how emerging technologies such as cloud, mobility, big data and analytics, robotics, Internet of Things (IoT), and 3D printing are being applied by manufacturers to digitally transform their businesses. Continuous monitoring of the market provides analysis of key trends impacting the Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) (APEJ) manufacturing sectors and identifying opportunities for new capabilities and business models in the industry.
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Asia/Pacific Manufacturing Digital Transformation Strategies
This service distills market and industry data into decisive analysis from in-depth interviews with industry experts, IDC's annual surveys of more than 1,000 organizations in the Asia/Pacific region, IDC Manufacturing Insights' proprietary research projects, and ongoing communications with manufacturing CIOs, line-of-business executives, and information and communication technology product and service vendors. To ensure relevance, IDC Manufacturing Insights' analysts will work with subscribers throughout the year to identify and prioritize topics to be covered in the research documents. Our analysts develop unique analysis based on comprehensive data and provide personalized advice for manufacturing executives and technology vendors to help them make better-informed decisions.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Best practices on the use of IT, OT, and emerging digital technologies to generate revenue, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, gain competitive advantage, and ensure regulatory compliance
- Country-level manufacturing maturity and analysis, helping companies shape their strategies in APEJ
- Key market trends and challenges facing the manufacturing business
- Timely updates on the latest product releases and strategies from leading vendors supplying to the manufacturing industry
- APEJ manufacturing IT spending and purchasing patterns by country, solution, and subindustry
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the latest trends in manufacturing execution systems, product life-cycle management, and enterprise asset management applications?
- Where are Asia/Pacific manufacturers on their digital transformation journey, and how are they preparing for the future? What do the next steps need to be?
- What are the best practices and benchmarks for key technologies for innovation accelerators such as AR/VR, cognitive/AI, robotics, 3D printing, blockchain, and IoT?
- How can manufacturers create value from data for decision making in manufacturing and supply chain operations?
- Who are the emerging systems integrators and consulting firms for the manufacturing industry — regional, country, and subsegment perspectives?
- What are the current practices and benchmarks for IT and OT investment by manufacturing industry and by country?
- What is the impact of Industry 4.0 on the manufacturing industry? How effective are government industrial development strategies?
Who Should Subscribe?
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Asia/Pacific Manufacturing Digital Transformation Strategies research advisory service is ideally suited to support the needs of manufacturing CIOs, senior IT managers, and line-of-business executives. Technology product managers and marketers who support the manufacturing industry will also benefit from timely research findings and analysis from this series. Software vendors and IT service providers can benefit from the research on where the industry is headed and plan their investments and road map accordingly.