IDC's Enterprise Communications Infrastructure provides reliable worldwide market analysis data and forecasts needed to make business decisions in this evolving market. The research program outlines how trends in enterprise networks are consumed, influence communications and mobility, and enable the secure and efficient use of cloud-based applications and services. It also analyzes user requirements, technology trends, vendor strategies, and distribution channel activity. It provides the industry's most comprehensive worldwide coverage of enterprise networking and communications infrastructure evolution, deployment, and future forecasting.
Enterprise Communications Infrastructure
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Ethernet switches: Speed (GbE, multi-GbE 10GbE, and 25/40/50/100GbE+)
- Routers: Small office/home office (SOHO), access/branch, core, and multifunction WAN gateways
- Wireless LANs: Access devices; access points (dependent and independent); controllers, switches, and appliances; and the impact of emerging trends such as mobility, location services, and IoT
- Cloud-managed networking (Wi-Fi, Ethernet switch, SD-WAN, etc.) and emerging flexible consumption/enterprise network-as-a-service delivery models
- SD-WAN infrastructure and the continued adoption of SD-Branch architectures that integrate management of edge networking and security functionality
- Impact of cloud delivery models such as cloud-managed enterprise network management and cloud-based applications on the enterprise network, including the drive toward SDN
- Network performance monitoring and management tools, including analytics and automation platforms
- Supporting enterprise-class connectivity for the edge of the enterprise network, including remote and hybrid workers
- Wireless-first networking, including Wi-Fi 6/Wi-Fi 6E and public and private LTE/5G wireless networks
- Market-leading enterprise networking equipment suppliers and promising start-ups
- Videoconferencing and telepresence, video content, and delivery infrastructure
- Worldwide Wireless LAN Market Share, Forecast, and Analysis
- Worldwide Ethernet Switch Market Share, Forecast, and Analysis
- Worldwide SD-WAN Infrastructure Market Share, Forecast, and Analysis
- Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence Equipment Forecast and Analysis
- Five Key Trends Driving the Enterprise Networking Market
- Enterprise Network as a Service and Flexible Consumption Models for Enterprise Networking
- The Branch of One and How Enterprises are Supporting Remote and Hybrid Workforces
- Worldwide Enterprise Network Infrastructure Forecast and Analysis
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: Videoconferencing
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which networking equipment markets and sectors are growing the fastest? Which will have the greatest future growth, and why?
- What is the impact of technologies such as wireless LANs, SD-WANs, voice/data convergence, video, Internet of Things, and software as a service on purchases?
- How will the introduction of software-defined and cloud-managed IT architectures in building network infrastructure change this market?
- How do merger, acquisition, and partnership actions affect the competitive landscape?
- How well are established and start-up suppliers positioned to increase market share?
- How will machine learning and AI technologies be integrated into enterprise network management products?
- What impact will the emergence of 5G have on enterprise networks?
ADTRAN, Inc., APCON, Inc., AT&T Inc., Aerohive Networks, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Allied Telesis, Inc., Arista Networks, Inc., Aruba Networks, Inc., Aryaka Networks Inc., Atos SE, Avaya Inc., BT Group plc, BlueCat Networks, Inc., Broadcom Inc., CYGNA LABS CORP., Cambium Networks Ltd., Celona, Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., CommScope, Inc., Cybera Inc., D-Link Corporation, Dell Technologies Inc., Digium, Inc., ENGENIUS LIMITED, EfficientIP, Emulex Corporation, Ericsson, Extreme Networks, Inc., Firetide, Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Fortress Technologies Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Genesys Logic Inc., Gigamon Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Infoblox Inc., Intel Corporation, Ixia, Juniper Networks, Inc., LSI Corporation, Lifesize Inc., LiteScape Technologies Inc., Logitech International SA, Marvell Technology Group Ltd., Melco Holdings Inc., Mellanox Technologies, Ltd., Men&Mice ehf, Microsemi Corp. - RFIS Diode Solutions, Microsoft Corporation, Mitel LLC, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NEC Corporation, NETGEAR, Inc., NETSCOUT Systems, Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, Netergy Microelectronics, Inc., New H3C Technologies Co., Ltd., Nokia Corporation, Odin Technologies, Inc., OnRelay Ltd., OneAccess Networks SA, Oracle Corporation, PROXIM CORPORATION, Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Pexip AS, Poly, Qualcomm Inc., Radware Ltd., Relay2 Inc., Ribbon Communications Inc., Riverbed Technology, Inc., Ruijie Networks Co., Ltd., SMC Corporation, Samsung, SevOne Inc., SolarWinds, Inc., StarLeaf Ltd., Strix Systems Inc., T-Mobile, TELoIP, Inc., THOMAS ELECTRONICS INC, TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd., Talari Networks Inc., ThingMagic Inc., Ubiquiti Inc., Unify Inc., VBrick Systems Inc., VIAVI Solutions Inc., VMware, Inc., VeloCloud Networks, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Versa Networks, Inc., Vidyo, Inc., Zyxel Communications Corp.
Meet the Experts
Research Manager, Enterprise Networks
Research Director, Network Infrastructure
Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Communications Infrastructure, Unified Communications & Collaboration (UC&C)
Group Vice President, Network and Telecommunications