Digital transformation (DX) and the shift to a digital-first business require companies to improve their back-office and front-office business processes from employee onboarding and customer service to regulatory compliance and accounting functions. IDC's Enterprise Content and Knowledge Management Strategies advisory program examines the fundamental redesign of content services and related use cases that are transformed by digitization and the application of innovative technologies. Driven by the increasing maturity of cloud, artificial intelligence (AI), advanced analytics, and other technologies, opportunities for automation, insights, and knowledge are fueling growth for technology and service providers that enable this market.
Enterprise Content and Knowledge Management Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The shift from classic on-premises architectures to cloud and hybrid content services
- The impact of machine learning and other AI capabilities on the advancement of content management and process transformation
- Technologies that make up the content services ecosystem, including analytics, content management, task and process automation, intelligent document processing, automated document generation, collaborative solutions, electronic signatures, and electronic forms
- Customer communications management software
- Enterprise content management software
- Content sharing and collaboration software
- The transition of undefined and unstructured data into insights/action
- Digital transformation of content-centric use cases
- Evolution of intelligent knowledge networks
- Electronic and digital signature expansion across agreements and contracts
- Remote online notary software
- Worldwide Intelligent Document Processing Forecast
- Worldwide Intelligent Document Processing Market Shares
- Worldwide Enterprise Content Management Applications and Content Sharing and Collaboration Applications Forecast
- Worldwide Enterprise Content Strategies Management Applications and Content Sharing and Collaboration Applications Market Shares
- Worldwide Customer Communications Management Software Forecast
- Worldwide Customer Communications Management Software Market Shares
- Worldwide eSignature Forecast
- Worldwide eSignature Market Shares
- IDC MarketScape: eSignature
- IDC MarketScape: Customer Communications Management
- IDC MarketScape: Cloud Content Services
- IDC MaturityScape: Content-Centric Workflow
- IDC MaturityScape Benchmark: Content-Centric Workflow Survey Research Addressing Knowledge Network Trends
- Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Enterprise Content Strategies
- Asynchronous and Synchronous Communications
- Innovation in Communications Hubs and Communications as a Service
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the various technologies that will be used to digitize, automate, and optimize content-centric workflows?
- How will content ecosystems evolve to support the next generation of content-enabled use cases and processes?
- What are the pain points and other factors driving the automation and optimization of cloud-based content services?
- How is the role of information capture changing? What impact will analytics, machine learning, and other AI technologies have on traditional capture solutions and enterprise content services?
- How is a new generation of content analytics and knowledge discovery powering knowledge networks?
- How can content services vendors address rising customer expectations for more convenience, customization, personalization, control of data, and support for new future of work policies?
ABBYY Solutions Ltd., ASG Technologies Group Inc., Accellion Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Alfresco Software, Inc., Box, Inc., Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Conga, DocuSign, Inc., DocuWare GmbH, Dropbox Inc., Egnyte, Inc., Ephesoft Inc., Google LLC, HCL Technologies Limited, HP Inc., Hyland Software, Inc., IBM, ISIS Papyrus, KYOCERA Corporation, Kodak Alaris Inc., Kofax Inc., Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Laserfiche Corp., M-Files Inc., Messagepoint Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Nintex Group Pty. Ltd., Nuance Communications, Inc., Nuxeo, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Quadient Group AG, Ricoh Company, Ltd., Smart Communications, Inc., Smartsheet Inc., Xerox Corporation, iManage LLC
Meet the Experts
Research Manager, Enterprise Content and Knowledge Management Strategies
Group Vice President, Content Strategies and the Future of Work