The IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide examines the banking industry opportunity from a technology, functional process, company size tier, and geography perspective. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool, allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the banking technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 4 technologies: Hardware, software, services, and internal IT spend
- 5 lines of business: Consumer banking, corporate and institutional banking, corporate administration, enterprise utilities, and shared services
- 35+ functional processes: Channels, payments, core processing, and more
- 4 company size tiers: Institution size by tiers 1-4
- 2 institution types: Banks and credit unions
- 6 years of data
- 8 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by regions, technologies, banking segments, functional processes, tiers, and institution types (delivered twice a year)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide banking technology opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments of the banking market are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How do banking lines of business and functional processes growth rates change over time?
Research Director, Data & Analytics
Program Vice President