IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker® fills the need for detailed and timely information on the global hardcopy peripherals (printer, MFP, and digital copier [DC]) market. This market includes all home, office, and production devices for document printing. The core of this product is a comprehensive electronic database detailing changes and trends in the highly competitive market. It includes powerful query capabilities using filters such as speed ranges, price bands, base configuration, paper formats, product brands, distribution channel, or end-user segments. Data can be drilled down to be as granular as model-level information per vendor. This product provides insightful vendor share historical analysis along with up to five-year units and value forecasts for both printers and MFPs, by price band (inkjet), speed range A4 (non-inkjet), and product detail information per country per region.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurements are in units, shipment value, and ASP.
- Product category: Printer, MFP, and single-function (SF) digital copier
- Product: Laser, inkjet, serial dot matrix (SDM), and line printer
- Product detail: Laser (monochrome, color, and highlight color), inkjet (monochrome, color, and high-speed inkjet), SDM (9 pin, 18 pin, 24 pin, and 28 pin), and line printer (line matrix and line character)
- Speed range: A4, letter, and laser-A4/Ink-ISO
- End-user segments: Home, small office (1-9 employees), small business (10-99 employees), medium-sized business (100-499 employees), large business (500-999 employees), very large business (1,000+ employees), government, and education
- Distribution channels: Direct — inbound/outbound, direct — internet, direct — store, indirect — dealer/VAR/SI, indirect — etailer, indirect — retail online, and retail in-store
- Transactional/contractual: Transactional, contractual — MPS, contractual — BPS, and contractual — other
- Vendors: By product brand and model name
- Additional product specifications: Format, base configuration, ink tank, business inkjet, duplex, network/wireless, and others
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan and China) (15): Australia, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and the rest of APEJC
- Central and Eastern Europe (18): Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, the rest of the Commonwealth of Independent States, and the rest of Southeastern Europe
- Latin America (16): Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, the rest of Central America, and the rest of Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa (23): Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the rest of Africa, and the rest of the Middle East
- United States
- Western Europe (16): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Forecast data
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include historical data, starting from 1Q96 through a five-year forecast. The five-year forecast is made up of two-year quarterly and three-year annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the worldwide, regional, and country levels. Details of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows.
Core Forecast Coverage:
- Product category: Printer and MFP
- Product and product detail: Laser (color/monochrome), inkjet (color/monochrome), SDM, and line printer
- Speed range A4 (non-inkjet)
- Price band (inkjet only)
- Format (laser only)
Optional Forecast Add-Ons:
- Base-configuration forecast
- SF DC forecast
- Ink tank versus ink cartridge forecast