The Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Government provides an in-depth industry market forecast for 3rd Platform and emerging technology growth across the following markets: 3D printing, AI systems, AR/VR, big data and analytics, cloud, IoT, mobility, robotics, security, and social. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool, gives ICT suppliers and investors all the tools necessary to develop a wholistic understanding of new and emerging market opportunities in government alongside traditional technologies, including the migration of ICT to the cloud.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 2 industries: Federal/central government and state/local government
- 4 subindustries: Civilian government, defense, state and local government, and other
- 9 functions: Defense; environment and resource; executive, legislative, and other general administration; infrastructure, housing and other public works; justice and judicial activities; public order and safety; social programs; tax and revenue; and other
- 2 platform groups: 2nd Platform and 3rd Platform
- 3 platform categories: 2nd Platform, innovation accelerator, and pillar
- 11 platform details: 2nd Platform, 3D printing, AI systems, AR/VR, big data and analytics, cloud, IoT, mobility, robotics, security, and social
- 3 technology group: Hardware, software, and IT services
- 2 delivery types: Cloud related and noncloud/other
- 6 years of data
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, industry, subindustry, platform group, platform category, platform detail, and delivery type (delivered twice a year)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide government technology opportunity including both 2nd Platform and 3rd Platform technologies?
- Which 3rd Platform technology and government functions are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- At what pace will spending shift from 2nd Platform to 3rd Platform technologies in the government industry?