The Worldwide Augmented and Virtual Reality Spending Guide examines the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) opportunity from the use case, technology, industry, and geography perspectives. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool, allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the AR/VR technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 3 technology groups with 12 technology categories: Hardware (AR host device, AR viewer, VR host device, and VR viewer), software (AR software and VR software), and services (AR consulting services, AR custom application development, AR systems integration, VR consulting services, VR custom application development, and VR systems integration)
- 80 use cases: 360-degree educational video viewing (K–12 and postsecondary), anatomy diagnostic, architectural design, AR games, film and television amusement, film/feature production, industrial maintenance, internal videography, lab and field (K–12 and postsecondary), logistics and package delivery management, museum and gallery visiting, online retail showcasing, onsite assembly and safety, collaboration, training, and more
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and consumer
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, country, industry, use cases, and technology — delivered twice a year
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the annual and compound annual growth rates for 2021-2026 for hardware, services, and software? For industries, use cases, and geographies?
- What are the largest industry AR/VR use cases?
- How do the technology category spending relationships differ by industry over the forecast period?
- What are the shares of spending by region, use case, industry, and technology?
- What will be the AR/VR market's total spending by industry and use case for 2021-2026?
- Which use cases present the greatest annual growth opportunity for AR/VR?
Research Vice President, Data & Analystics
Research Manager, Data and Analytics, Europe
Research Manager, Customer Insights and Analysis (META), IDC
Group Manager, IT Spending Guide, Data & Analytics, IDC Japan
Senior Market Analyst