The Worldwide Software and Public Cloud Services Spending Guide examines the software market and public cloud services opportunity from the functional market, deployment type, industry, company size, and geography perspectives. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool, allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about software and public cloud services markets by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons across different market segments.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 80+ technology markets: Across on-premises software, cloud software, and cloud infrastructure deployment groups, with detail for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS alongside on-premises software
- 2 deployment types: Public cloud services and on premises/others
- 6 sectors broken out into 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, healthcare provider, transportation, telecommunications, media, utilities, construction, resource industries, federal/central government, state/local government, education, and consumer
- Enterprise and SMB by 5 company size segments: 1-9, 10-99, 100-499, 500-999, and 1,000+ employees
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 geographies: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, the rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, country, technology, industry, company size, and deployment type — delivered twice a year
- IDC's standard industry, company size, and technology taxonomy and methodology
- Subscription including inquiry time and IDC Customer Insights Query Tool access
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How large is the total worldwide public cloud services opportunity?
- Which industries offer the largest opportunities in our software markets in each country?
- Which industries are growing the fastest? Which ones are ahead of the curve in their transition to cloud?
- How does growth vary by company size? Should we consider companies that are smaller/larger than our current target?
- Which applications are attracting incremental spending in our target industry segments?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?