The Worldwide ICT Spending Guide: Enterprise and SMB by Industry examines the ICT market opportunity across SMBs and enterprise end users from a technology, industry, company size, and geography perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights Query Tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information by viewing and comparing data trends and relationships across ICT markets and segments.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 120 technologies: 14 hardware markets across infrastructure and devices; 3 IaaS markets; 81 software functional markets across applications, application development and deployment, and system infrastructure software; 12 IT services foundation markets across project-oriented, managed, and support services; 6 business services markets including business consulting and key horizontal business process outsourcing; and 4 telecom services markets including fixed data, fixed voice, mobile data, and mobile voice
- 6 sectors broken out into 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, healthcare provider, transportation, telecommunications, media, utilities, construction, resource industries, federal/central government, state/local government, education, and consumer
- Enterprise and SMB by 5 company size segments: 1–9, 10–99, 100–499, 500–999, and 1,000+ employees
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, the rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by country, technology, industry, and company size, delivered twice a year
- Worldwide and regional economic and industry assumptions
- IDC's standard industry, company size, and technology taxonomy and methodology
- Subscription including inquiry time and Query Tool access
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How large is the total worldwide ICT market? How is spending allocated across hardware, software, and services?
- Which industries offer the largest opportunities in our technology markets in each country?
- Which industries are growing the fastest? How does growth vary by company size?
- Should we consider smaller/larger companies than our current target?
- Which technologies are attracting incremental spending in our target industry segments?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
Associate Research Director, IDC Data & Analytics
Group Vice President, Data & Analytics
Research Manager, Data and Analytics, Europe
Senior Research Manager, Data and Analytics, Europe
Research Manager, Customer Insights and Analysis (META), IDC
Associate Research Manager
Senior Market Analyst
Group Manager, IT Spending Guide, Data & Analytics, IDC Japan
Research Analyst, Market Analytics & Insights
Associate Analyst, ROC, LATAM