The Worldwide IT Spending Guide: Line of Business examines the line-of-business functional opportunity from a technology, industry, and geography perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about line-of-business technology investments by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 11 technology markets: Across hardware (IaaS, other infrastructure, and devices), software (applications, application development and deployment, and system infrastructure software), and services (business consulting, key horizontal BPO, managed services, project oriented, and support services)
- 17 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, media, utilities, telecommunications, and education
- 12 functions: Accounting/finance/billing, customer service, engineering, architecture and research, human resources, operations, IT, legal, marketing, sales, security and risk, and supply chain management
- 2 funding types: Business funded and IT funded
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Japan, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, the rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, country, technology, industry, function, company size, and funding type (delivered twice a year)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How big is the total worldwide IT opportunity across hardware, software, and services? How does it vary by country?
- What share of IT spending is funded by line-of-business functions?
- Which business functions, and in which industries, offer the largest opportunities for each technology?
- Which functions are driving incremental IT spending? Which technologies are they investing in?
- Which industries are growing the fastest? How does growth vary by company size?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?