IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition is an expanded view of the ICT market in 53 geographies, with forecasts for all traditional technologies as well as new emerging categories such as drones, sensors, and AR/VR viewers. In addition, it segments all ICT spending by the following platforms: cloud, mobility, big data and analytics, enterprise social, internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), augmented/virtual reality (AR/VR), 3D printing, security, robotics, and blockchain. Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition gives ICT suppliers and investors all the tools necessary to develop a comprehensive understanding of new and emerging market opportunities alongside traditional technologies and the shift from legacy platforms to new deployment models, including the migration of ICT to the cloud and mobile platforms.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- Infrastructure: Server/storage, network equipment, security appliance, and infrastructure as a service
- Devices: PC, tablet, smartphone, feature phone, wearable, hardcopy peripheral, and PC monitor
- Telecom: Equipment and services
- Software: Applications, application development and deployment, and system infrastructure
- IT and business services
- Cloud infrastructure/software/services
- Mobile devices/software/services
- Security hardware/software/services
- Big data and analytics hardware/software/services
- Enterprise social hardware/software/services
- Emerging technologies: AR/VR viewers, 3D printers, IoT sensors and connectivity, drones, AI systems and software, blockchain, and OT software/services
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 geographies: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, the rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition
Emerging technology and platform forecasts in 53 geographies
Worldwide 3rd Platform ICT Spending Forecast
Analysis of emerging technologies and adoption by geography
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How much ICT spending is migrating to the cloud and mobile platforms?
- How is the emergence of the 3rd Platform and new technologies impacting the global ICT industry, and how does this vary by country?
- How much ICT spending is moving to the 3rd Platform from traditional 2nd Platform revenue sources?
- How did the COVID-19 pandemic change the outlook for cloud, mobile, and other 3rd Platform technologies?
- Which new technologies are key components of strategic long-term business investments?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition service examines ICT spending patterns and forecasts according to distribution by 2nd Platform versus 3rd Platform market categories. Within the 3rd Platform market view, the Black Book forecasts spending across the following platform details cloud, mobile, big data and analytics, enterprise social, security, AI, IoT, robotics, AR/VR, 3D printing, blockchain
Program Vice President, Customer Insights & Analysis
Group Manager, IT Spending Guide, Data & Analytics, IDC Japan
Senior Market Analyst
Senior Analyst, ROC, Latin America
Research Manager, Data and Analytics, Europe
Research Analyst, Market Analytics & Insights
Senior Market Analyst
Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Infrastructure, Middle East & Africa