Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending around the world. Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition includes access to the Worldwide Black Book: Standard Edition, with market sizing and projected growth of the traditional worldwide ICT industry in 100 countries. In addition, IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition provides market forecasts for 3rd Platform and emerging technology growth in 33 core countries across the following markets: cloud, mobility, big data and analytics, social, IoT, cognitive/AI, AR/VR, 3D printing, security, and robotics. Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition gives ICT suppliers and investors all the tools necessary to develop a comprehensive understanding of new and emerging market opportunities alongside traditional technologies, including the migration of ICT to the cloud.
Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition
This product covers the following segments of the ICT market:
- Infrastructure: Server/storage, network equipment, and infrastructure as a service
- Devices: Traditional PC, tablet, smartphone, feature phone, hardcopy peripheral, and PC monitor
- Telecom: Equipment and services
- Software: Applications, application development and deployment, and system infrastructure
- IT and business services
- Public cloud services and cloud enablement
- New technologies: AR/VR viewers, 3D printers, IoT modules and sensors, robotics and drones, OT services, next-gen security, and cognitive AI
- Macroeconomic analysis and assumptions
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- 3rd Platform spending forecasts by region and country
- Worldwide ICT spending forecasts by technology, platform, and geography
- Emerging technology adoption
- Macroeconomic assumptions and analysis
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Black Book: Standard Edition
ICT market sizing and forecasts in 100 countries
Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition
Emerging technology and platform forecasts in 33 countries
Worldwide 3rd Platform ICT Spending Forecast
Analysis of emerging technologies and adoption by geography
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How much ICT spending is migrating to the cloud and mobile platforms?
- How is the emergence of the 3rd Platform impacting the global ICT industry, and how does this vary by country?
- How much ICT spending is moving to the 3rd Platform from traditional 2nd Platform revenue sources?
- Which 3rd Platform technologies are expected to enjoy the largest share of cloud investment in the next five years?
- Which new technologies are growing quickly in emerging markets, and which new opportunities are stronger in mature economies?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition service examines ICT spending patterns and forecasts across the following regional markets:
Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, rest of Africa, rest of Asia/Pacific, rest of CEE, rest of Latin America, rest of Middle East, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
Meet the Experts
Associate Research Director, European Customer Insights & Analysis
Senior Research Manager
Research Director, Storage, Systems & Infrastructure Solutions, CEMA
Senior Analyst, ROC, Latin America
Program Vice President, Customer Insights & Analysis
Group Director, Software & Security / IT Spending, IDC Japan