The IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Insurance IT Spending Guide examines the insurance industry opportunity from the technology, functional process, company size tier, and geography perspectives. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the insurance technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 4 technologies: Hardware, software, services, and internal IT spend
- 7 lines of business: Accident and health, commercial property/casualty, corporate administration, enterprise utilities, life and annuity, personal property/casualty, and reinsurance
- 18 functional processes: Business acquisition, channel management, policy administration, and others
- 3 company size tiers: Institution size by tiers 1–3
- 6 years of data
- 8 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following is the deliverable for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, technology, line of business, functional process, and tier — delivered twice a year
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide insurance technology opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments of the insurance market are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How do insurance lines-of-business and functional processes growth rates change over time?
Research Director, Data & Analytics