IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Consumables Tracker® fills demand for detailed, timely, and accurate information on the revenue of aftermarket supplies. This includes data and insight into global trends around categories such as original versus nonoriginal consumables of the ink and toner market. The program provides insightful analysis and semiannual market share data. The core of the product is a comprehensive electronic database detailing changes and trends in the competitive consumables market. IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Consumables Tracker® is built on the foundation of IDC's network of country-level tracking services and bottom-up methodology.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in consumables units and value.
- Ink and toner cartridges for home and office printers and MFPs.
- Product origin: Original, nonoriginal (compatible, refilling services, counterfeits)
- Inkjet (color and mono, all speeds)
- Monochrome laser 1–90 ppm
- Color laser 1–69 ppm
Note: Copier toner is not covered.
- Asia/Pacific excluding Japan and PRC (12): Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Central and Eastern Europe (6): Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Russia, Ukraine, Hungary
- Latin America (2): Brazil, Mexico, rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (5): Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa
- United States
- Western Europe (6): France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, rest of Western Europe
This Tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Market size for ink and toner
- Major players in the market
- Relationship between original and nonoriginal supplies
- Ink cartridge market trends
- Historical data