Founders Federal Credit Union
Project Goal: Founders Federal Credit Union, a regional credit union based in South and North Carolina, has planned and implemented a major overhaul of our entire data center centered on business and cyber resilience. After several regional enterprises were hit by ransomware in 2018-19, we planned a digital transformation with the ambitious goal of resuming full business operations after an incident within one hour – our KPI of success. The business reason: to stay competitive in this high-volume, online transaction-based industry.
- Full-functioning data center in our isolated cyber recovery vault, monitored by AI
- Automated analytics and daily reporting to flag malware, identify known-good copy
- Holistic, cloud-friendly environment – integrated servers, storage, data protection, virtualization
- Refreshed data center with a full suite of integrated solutions from a single vendor, including an air-gapped cyber recovery solution containing a full operational data center
- Flexibility to operate on-prem, in public/private cloud, at edge locations/colocations
- Plug-and-play, no-downtime IT expansion easily meets our 40% YoY growth rate
- Trusted resilience for business and our 85K mobile channel users
- Ability to switch over to vaulted datacenter in 1 hour – no need to pay ransomware or revert to suspect data touched by bad actors.