The client and its channel partner were struggling to understand the current market sentiment and trends around the adoption of cloud-based customer-engagement solutions within contact centers across the Middle East and Africa. As such, the client approached IDC to perform an extensive survey of end users and create a thought leadership paper that would help it position itself more effectively by addressing the key requirements of end-user organizations.
IDC conducted a survey of key decision makers within the contact center space and authored a White Paper to reach the target audience. This served both as an educational tool and a thought leadership document for the wider audience, driving market awareness around the increasing use and benefits of cloud-based contact center solutions. It also served as a lead-generation tool for tapping into new prospects.
Approach & Methodology
- Clear Objective: The aim was to understand the trends, drivers, inhibitors, technologies, and challenges that are impacting the adoption of cloud-based customer-engagement solutions in contact centers.
- Targeted Survey: IDC prepared a structured questionnaire on customer engagement and communication management technologies and carried out the survey using computer-aided telephonic interviews.
- Segmented Focus: The survey focused on specific industry segments across a total of 100 organizations in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt, using random sampling followed by quasi-random purposive sampling to achieve the desired quotas.
- Secondary Research: To gain further insights, IDC also carried out secondary research and in-depth, analyst-driven interviews with customer-care professionals and IT decision makers.
Key Benefits & Outcomes
- The client acquired an in-depth understanding of the market sentiment and adoption plans for cloud-based customer-engagement applications in the region.
- With the help of the White Paper, the client was able to fine tune and validate the messaging it was putting across to potential end customers.
- The White Paper was utilized as a positioning tool with existing customers and prospects and helped generated new business opportunities for the client.