Organizations are reinventing themselves for growth and competitiveness in this digital world. They are also looking for new ideas and best practices to improve their use of resources and accelerate their digital delivery capability. Cloud and cloud-centric operating models have grown to become integral components of the modern IT environment. The economic and physical disruptions of 2020 and 2021 have highlighted the importance of flexibility and resilience, and organizations of all sizes see cloud as a critical component of their forward-looking IT strategy. This IDC Cloud Survey Report Series will provide an overview of cloud adoption and cloud trends among IT buyers. The survey examines cloud adoption and cloud trends among IT buyers, with a focus on cloud workloads, playbooks, and personas. It will also explore IT customers' current and future cloud investments and adoption rates, multicloud and hybrid cloud behaviors, and cloud workloads.
Asia/Pacific Cloud Buyer Trends and Intentions
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- This report series encompass cloud services adoption stages and trends among organizations of differrent sizes within various sectors and industry verticals within Asia/Pacific.
- The countries involved are Australia, New Zealand, China, India, Singapore, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- The reports include the organizations' strategies, key concerns, and challenges when deploying private, public, hosted, managed, hybrid, and multiple clouds. In addition, IDC examines the level of ease and difficulties faced by organizations when they run applications and share data across these heterogenous environments.
- IDC also dwell into the organizations' evaluation criterion when considering and selecting local, regional, or global cloud service providers for different types of workloads based on their business requirements.
- 2022 State of Cloud Deployment and Adoption Trends for Cloud Providers in Asia/Pacific
- Cloud Migration Strategy and Plans in Asia/Pacific
- Cloud Investment and Vendor Selection in Asia/Pacific
- Trends Driving Future of Digital Infrastructure
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is the state of cloud adoption across organizations from different sectors and industry verticals in Asia/Pacific?
- What are the organizations' top considerations when migrating workloads into the public cloud?
- How are the organizations using different on-premises and off-premises cloud environments?
- What is the level of ease and difficulties faced when running applications and sharing data across and between different on-/off-premises cloud and noncloud, public, and private cloud environments?
- What are the key challenges faced and drivers for using multiple public cloud providers?
- What is the organizations' migration strategies and deployment models for the different workloads?
- What are the organizations' evaluation criterion for choice of local, regional, and global cloud service providers?
- What are the organizations' cloud spending plans for the next 12 months?
Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon Web Services Inc., Baidu, Inc., Datacom Group Limited, Dell Technologies Inc., DigitalOcean, Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Red Hat, Inc., Tencent Holdings Limited