Security ProductsView 2022: Standard looks to characterize the reality of cybersecurity installed base and purchase decisions surrounding software and hardware products, including brands, pricing, and purchase criteria. A special emphasis will be placed on characterizing buyer activity by size of business.
Security ProductsView 2022: Standard
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Overall adoption — by type (hardware, software, services), spend, and project/use cases
- Impact on overall hardware and software decisions (open source versus commercial)
- Deployment location — on-premises, edge, public cloud
- Vendor perceptions
- Staffing — trade-offs, alert fatigue, time spent on tasks
- Executive Summary: This summary provides in-depth analysis of the survey results, which include strategic messages, key highlights, implications, and essential guidance for security products.
- Survey Findings: This presentation provides a summary of results in the form of charts and figures for each survey question for easy viewing (worldwide only).
- Banner Books: These banner books provide data results of this study across different segment views (e.g., firm size, geography, and industry (worldwide only).
- Webinar: IDC will provide a webinar as an interactive session to review and discuss the results of this study.
Key Questions Answered
- What are IT buyers thinking, planning, and investing in security technologies?
- What are the major drivers of and inhibitors for adoption of various security technologies?
- How are security products and vendors evaluated?
- What drives churn, and is product/vendor consolidation real?
- What are the actual prices paid for security products?
AT&T Inc., Avast Software B.V., BeyondTrust Corp., Blackberry Ltd., Broadcom Inc., Carbon Black, Inc., Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Cisco Systems Inc., CrowdStrike, Inc., CyberArk Software Ltd., Dell Technologies Inc., ESET spol. s r.o., Entrust Corporation, FireEye, Inc., Forcepoint LLC, ForeScout Technologies Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Gemalto N.V., Google LLC, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Imperva, Inc., Ivanti Software Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., Kaspersky, LogRhythm, Inc., McAfee LLC, Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, New H3C Technologies Co., Ltd., Okta, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Panda Security, S.L., Ping Identity Corporation, Proofpoint, Inc., Qualys Inc., Quest Software Inc., Rapid7 LLC, SANGFOR Technologies Inc., SailPoint Technologies Holdings Inc., SonicWALL, Inc., Sophos Plc, Splunk Inc., Symantec Corporation, Tenable, Inc., Trend Micro Incorporated, VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Windstream Holdings, Inc., Zscaler Inc.