IDC's Cloud Pulse 2022: Gold provides an overview of cloud adoption and cloud trends among IT buyers. Cloud Pulse 2022: Gold investigates customers' current and future cloud investments and adoption rates, the impact of macroeconomic trends on cloud, multicloud and hybrid cloud behaviors, cloud applications and workloads, cloud economics, vendor perception, and innovative use of technologies for and in the cloud. Delivered quarterly, Cloud Pulse surveys are focused on providing a better understanding of what drives customer behavior for cloud on a worldwide basis across different buyer personas.
Cloud Pulse 2022: Gold
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Public cloud, private cloud, multicloud, and hybrid cloud adoption
- Spending and investments by cloud type
- Cloud drivers and inhibitors for public and private clouds
- Cloud applications/workloads/data strategies, migration, and use cases
- Product bundling
- Customer playbooks and journey to cloud
- Cloud tension and early warning signals
- Cloud economics, churn, and customer lifetime value
- Macroeconomic impacts on cloud investment
- Cloud innovation, digital transformation, and disruptive technologies (edge, HPC, AI, etc.)
- Top vendor loyalty scores and emerging vendors
- IT staff skills and reskilling
- Choice of Any Two Quarterly Survey Findings, Banner Books, and Summary Report from the Platinum Package
- Annual Summary Report
- Annual Summary Webinar
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are enterprises using cloud to overcome current macroeconomic events such as inflation, supply chain challenges from the Russia-Ukraine War, and the ongoing business shifts resulting from COVID-19?
- What are customers thinking, planning, and investing in regarding public and private cloud technologies? What trade-offs do they make? Are private and public clouds competitive or complementary? What workloads are most likely to remain on premises?
- What are the major drivers and inhibitors for cloud adoption based on different buyer personas?
- Which financial metrics will matter in cloud, and how will cloud economics evolve?
- How will cloud intersect with other disruptive technologies such as AI, HPC, and edge strategies?
- How will cloud economics and business metrics evolve with the mainstream buyer?
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Baidu, Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Google LLC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Intel Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Rackspace Technology Global, Inc.
- Red Hat, Inc.
- SAP SE
- Tencent Holdings Limited
- VMware, Inc.