The Future of Digital Innovation - Agenda program provides guidance to technology suppliers on their role in enabling enterprises to build and deliver digitally innovative products and services. The program is focused on advice and studies for IT buyer companies on how to execute on digital innovation including software development that creates differentiation and disruption in their products and corporate systems and understanding what their competitors and peers are doing, along with the benefits and potential returns from delivering innovation. The focus for technology supplier companies is on how to support/encourage digital innovation by their clients by bringing more enabling technology to them with software solutions, development tools and DevOps tooling, and SaaS and PaaS platforms as well as ways to leverage other apps, development practices, and sourcing and distribution opportunities.
Future of Digital Innovation - Agenda
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Insight into types and sizes of companies developing digital innovation and what they are creating
- Digital innovation case studies covering multiple industries, highlighting both revenue generation and productivity benefits
- IDC PeerScape on best practices for implementing digital innovation at IT buyer organizations
- The vectors of innovation beyond traditional IT development
- The benefits of building a community around software products built by enterprises
- How smart organizations are distributing their software innovation
- Case studies offering insight into successful implementations of digital innovation
- Best practices used by successful digital innovation factories
- IDC MaturityScape Benchmark: Digital Innovation in the Enterprise in the United States
- IDC PeerScape: Practices in Collaborating with the Competition
- Market Presentation: A Comparison of Enterprise and Digital-Native Approaches to Software Innovation
- IDC PlanScape: Building a Software Innovation Factory
- IDC Perspective: How Organizational Models Impact Digital Innovation Success
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Future of Digital Innovation Predictions
- IDC Survey Spotlight: Excerpt from PaaSView and the Developer
- Market Presentation: IDC's Future of Digital Innovation Capability Index: What's Your Score?
- IDC Perspective: Case Study — Innovator in Action
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Why is digital innovation so important for organizations?
- What are the different forms digital innovation may take?
- How do businesses build digital innovation capacity?
- Who are the leaders, the movers and shakers, setting the lead for digital innovation? What benefits have they achieved?
- How does an IT buyer company successfully distribute solutions?
- What can technology vendors teach their clients and prospects about becoming a digitally innovative company?
- What are the benefits of developing an external collaboration community?
- What companies have built a healthy, successful community, and what can be learned from them?
- What lessons have been learned by digital innovation pioneers?
- What external and internal factors make digital innovation the new necessity within a company?
- What are best practices for the digital innovation supply chain?
Aetna Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., BNP Paribas S.A., Ford Motor Company, GitHub Inc., Google LLC, Honda Motor Co., Ltd., Humana Inc., IBM, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Liberty Mutual Group, Mattel Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Red Hat, Inc., SAP SE, SHELL International B.V., Stack Exchange, Inc., The Goldman Sachs Group Inc., The Home Depot, Inc., The Kroger Co., The Walt Disney Company, VMware, Inc., Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Workday, Inc.