As businesses become increasingly digitalized and knowledge-centric, European organizations are experiencing shortages of IT and digital talent. Skills availability, skills development, and skills matching have become critical components for building a digitally resilient organization. Lack of skills impacts most of an organization's key performance indicators, from revenue growth to bottom line — and digital transformation projects are delayed from the lack of skills in IT but also in digital skills in the line of business. IDC's European Skills: Leadership and Capabilities for Digital Business service helps tech vendors and training providers understand the impact of transformation to a digital business on demand for technology skills within IT roles as well as in other jobs, how European organizations are addressing their skills needs internally and through partners to overcome the talent bottleneck for successful technology and business transformation, how a consistent skills development strategy should be built, and the importance of certifications and skills frameworks to develop the talent needed for the future.
European Skills: Leadership and Capabilities for Digital Business
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Skills and capabilities needed for successful digital transformation
- Forecast of demand for IT skills in Europe
- Strategies for skills development
- Assess the importance of certification
- Impact of upskill/reskill programs in the light of technology change
- Strategies for building and retaining diversity and inclusion in technology professions
- Measuring the impact of training on tech project outcomes
- The emergence of skills assessment and skills matching technologies
- Competitive landscape of IT training providers across Europe
- Top Technology Roles and Skills in Demand in Europe
- Strategies for Addressing the Technology Skills Gap in Europe
- Demand for IT Skills in Europe
- European IT Education and Training Services
- IDC MarketScape: European Cloud Training Services Vendor Assessment
- Demonstrating the Impact of IT Training on Project Success
- Skills Assessment and Development Technologies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the best practices for developing the right talent and skills for a successful and resilient digital business?
- What measurements are used to demonstrate the impact of training on business outcomes?
- How is the lack of skills impacting the overall IT market and what are the most affected areas?
- How important is certification and will this change as new IT professional skills frameworks develop?
- What is the demand for IT skills in Europe and how will it grow over the next five years?
- What are the best strategies to address the skills gap, including improving diversity and inclusion in tech professions?
- What is the impact of a solid skills strategy on creating a digitally resilient enterprise?
- How are IT roles developing and changing in Europe with the growth of new technology areas?
- What are the emerging innovations and approaches in IT training delivery?